I have no idea how Rousey/Nunes fight goes? Anyone else struggling with this?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Reddd, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Reddd

Reddd Banned Banned

On one hand if you take away Rousey's only loss, she should be highly favored based on her first round finishes and her pedigree as a grappler. This should be Rousey's fight to lose based on her experience and her history of dominance by taking opponents to the ground and performing the arm bar when they know its coming.

But the way she lost, and how she responded to it for over a year cannot be ignored either. Her anxiety attack at UFC 205 was very telling that mentally she is wreck it feels like, and also because she can't bring herself to interact with media. She NEVER has had that problem before which tells me she simply can't handle it or she wouldn't make it to Fight Night.

Really tough fight to call for me because there is so much to consider. I think the first take down attempt will determine just about everything. If Rousey's attempt gets stuffed right away with ease, then I think that she'll fall apart mentally, because that means she's getting hit in the face for sure shortly after that. If Rousey can put her against the cage for like two minutes and fails for the TD, then there is some success in that where she can strategize to "wall and stall" and tie up Nunes perhaps to eventually drain her conditioning. Rousey has never had cardio problems. If Rousey gets her on the ground and on her back at any point, Rousey's confidence will grow tremendously and Nunes's chances will drop big time.

Anyone else??

ElCasca likes this.
  2. bobafett

bobafett dirty little smuggler belt

I predict a knockout. Or a submission. Maybe even a decision.

3. Pirroh

Pirroh Black Belt

rousey by armbar

Moral Victory likes this.
  4. andnowweknow

andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

I predict wmma sucks

5. Money509

Money509 A Level Poster

Rousey by submission or nunes by stoppage of some sort.

If rousey tries to stand and bang with her she will get hurt and TKOD or submitted, and if nunes grapples she gets submitted or GNP'd.

6. Money509

Money509 A Level Poster

Also this, i just cant take it seriously. They throw girly punches that make me laugh.

7. brainwash

brainwash Banned Banned

Either devastating KO or devestating armbar. Won't go to a decision because Nunes will gas.

8. dublinsligo1916

dublinsligo1916 Yellow Belt

Pretty certain the fight will be over inside 2 rounds. Also fairly certain Ronda will act like a douche post fight win or lose. No idea how things go otherwise though. Wont be suprised if Ronda makes it look easy but also wont be suprised if Amanda embarasses her in Holly like fashion. Its a weird one to call.

Goodfella86 likes this.
  9. aswerty911

aswerty911 Blue Belt

think everyone pretty much agrees it'll go one of two ways. She gets punched in the face and withers. Or she clinches, maybe takes one shot but still gets the takedown and finishes it with submission.

Holly survived at least 1 takedown I remembers plus some clinches, you'd think Nunes is more advanced than Holly on the ground but who knows.

I'll go with the scenario that's unlikely. Ronda gets bloodied but survives, Nunes gasses and Ronda wins via submission late round 2.

Goodfella86 likes this.
  10. Tankeray

Tankeray Salvation Denied.

Ronda by sub

11. Zombie3030

Zombie3030 Blue Belt

as long as nunes doesnt run straight into a hip toss like zingano. i think nunes wins pretty easily on the feet

12. Nukes

Nukes Reality Check

Here's how it goes. Fight starts, Ronda gets the clinch, fails to take Amanda down, gets frustrated, gets tagged and submitted @ around 1:40ish seconds into the fight.

13. DelanoRunnymede

DelanoRunnymede Purple Belt

Nunes loves rushing in, which plays perfectly into rouseys only move, the hip toss into arm bar. I think it's gonna be over inside a minute. I don't even like rousey either