I Have Been Feeling Suicidal Lately

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MikeHolmes, Feb 13, 2016.

1. MikeHolmes

MikeHolmes Green Belt

I have dealt with depression my whole life, but suicide is rarely something that I think about. However, it has really been on my mind the past few weeks. Now that I am in this mindset, I wonder why more people do not commit suicide. It seems like the only true cure to suffering, as anything else is just a treatment. There's a saying that suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. But if you truly suffer from mental illness, the problem is not temporary at all.

2. MC OverPressure

MC OverPressure Leonardo Retardo

I actually work with suicidal patients.
    Please see a counselor.
    Life is awesome but when you're ready for it.

The internet isn't where the help will be, you have to see trained clinicians who know about this stuff.

$uperman, Oku, Strychnine and 18 others like this.
  3. JAEGERX

JAEGERX Per Aspera Ad Astra Platinum Member

Depression is serious, i do not your motives for it, but you should seek a professional for this, it will help you alot

BKMMAFAN likes this.
  4. done

done Silver Belt Banned

Dude, GET SOME HELP!

I managed to go 30+ years as undiagnosed type 2 bipolar. Theres medicine. My most recent suicide ideation/attempt was jan13.
    They finally got my meds right and for the first time in my life I'm ok...better than ok really.

5. done

done Silver Belt Banned

Spent a week in inpatient with several deep wounds and 3 weeks of intensive outpatient, I go back to work on Monday. I'm looking forward to it.

Bald1 and DevilsLettuce like this.
  6. Machina Obscura

Machina Obscura SpaceCommissar

When I have been feeling suicidal for a while, to a point where it becomes dangerous, I usually go to the hospital and remain there for a week or two.

We may not have comparable disorders, I'm bipolar, but it's a safety for me to be able to do so. I have no idea what you're going through, but whatever it is, it's probably something you can learn to live with or even get rid of.

7. RTL

RTL NostraMMAus™ Platinum Member

The artificial politically correct answer is to go see a therapist.

The real answer is that when one's quality of life is so poor with literally no hope of improving, life may not be worth living.

However, if there is hope of improvement, then it might be worth attempting to fix. Break habits, change scenery, find all the things that make you miserable, and try to delete them from your life. See if your mindset become more optimistic. You might have mental anchors weighing you down.

8. Serana

Serana Destroyer. Platinum Member

You really should be communicating these feelings with a therapist.

adam199 and grimkitty like this.
  9. MikeHolmes

MikeHolmes Green Belt

I used to go to outtake therapy at a specialized portion of the Hospital. I dunno, it didn't really help. I called them when I was suicidal and they got me an appointment days later. Staying at a hospital just doesn't motivate me. I have class Monday through Friday and missing it wouldn't make me feel better.

10. HUNTERMANIA

HUNTERMANIA "I felt it."

Hey man, totally relate to what you're saying and what you're experiencing. If you need or want someone to talk to, PM me -- I definitely want to hear your story if you want to share it :) There are answers out there.

Strychnine, gigantalor and dije1 like this.
  11. I Am Legion

I Am Legion Red Belt

As bad as it is when you are in those throws, the opposite is true when you get the right meds. You can live a full life of joy, but you have to fight for it. Life is a gift but can be torture at times...get help to get to the joy, it is worth it.

12. MC OverPressure

MC OverPressure Leonardo Retardo

You mean out patient, I'm sure.
    It's really all they can do, nobody makes house calls for this sort of thing; you either have to do it out or in-patient.
    You've gotta commit to it either way. I just erased most of my response.
    "See a counselor " is the only responsible thing anyone can say. You need qualified professionals who know how the suicidal mind works.

13. mac11

mac11 Blue Belt

I can relate. I tried SSRIs and found that they didn't work. Then I looked into studies and some suggested that SSRIs are no more effective than a placebo. Doctors prescribe them for anxiety too which I have and they also didn't help.

Benzodiazepines on the other hand work except doctors have only realised lately how destructive benzos are once a person is hooked. They cause seizures and possible death when a person ceases taking them. They used to prescribe them like candy now they only prescribe them for 2 weeks. So they needed an alternative and use SSRIs as a catch all. You can google the studies on SSRIs being worthless.

CBT is probably much better than drugs.

14. punky brewster

punky brewster Black Belt

Been through it, and life can feel worth living again if you seek the proper help. If you have family or friends talk to them. Going to therapy or getting medication when only you know about it can make it feel like a dirty little secret.

MikeHolmes likes this.
  15. cable guy

cable guy Green Belt

Fantasizing and imagining suicide and the results of it are like a fog that clouds ones mind, this can make it difficult to look at life objectively

its good that your communicating the feelings full stop. If you go see a therapist thats great, a good therapist could definately help. You do that when it feels right to you. Its hard to give you advice here because for your privacy you cant give details of your situation but i imagine your feeling a sense of anomie, like your looking at the world from the outside and feelings that your isolated and alone in this way. I think others here have felt that way too.

These feelings can warp your perspective and make it so that you cant really see the worth in anything, even living. This will pass in time but please if you can, dont dwell on the negative, when you feel in the right place tell someone you really trust or a professional. You may even get our head around it by yourself, your actually being proactive by communicating in a public forum and not just keeping this all inside and letting it run around in your head. I think thats a smart move!

ShinkanPo and MikeHolmes like this.
  16. MmaGirl10

MmaGirl10 ★★★★★Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ★★★★★ Platinum Member

I hope you follow some of the advice here and go see a professional, Mike. Regardless of how bad things seems to be, it will get better, believe me. You should spend some time with your friends and family and avoid being alone for a while, until at least those feelings go away

Slobodan, Mood Swings, TeTe and 5 others like this.
  17. cable guy

cable guy Green Belt

This is the problem with services, and its so counter productive- you asked for help because you needed it there and then, not 2 days , days or a week later. Thats why i think its so important to for people to share their experiences with the thread starter, simply saying go see a therapist wont cut it if they have to wait. What do they do in the meantime? Whatkind of thought process did you engage in to help you clear things up in your mind or see things in a different light?

18. ShinkanPo

ShinkanPo Wild Imam

Go see your therapist.I will see one too

I am on a similar situation today I am having Panic attacks and I started hoarding meds already like blood presure meds and other depressants I am being tempted to do it.

I will go see a doctor soon.

19. dije1

dije1 Green Belt

What is causing your depression?

20. GSP vs Conor in 2019

GSP vs Conor in 2019 Jon Stark Belt Platinum Member

I feel there is a distinction between wanting to commit suicide and having a plan of action to make suicide a reality. You should see a doctor and check into a mental institution until this ideation regresses. Life is too valuable to take. Think of all of those people that die from cancer and illness each day that would give anything to alive.