I have a movie confession

Bill Paxton is one of the goons in that scene? No shit. I didn't notice. And I agree about the switchblades. I thought the same thing. You just don't see switch blades anymore for whatever reason.

As for Genisys, honestly, I didn't 100% hate it. I thought Arnold actually did well and was funny and the movie had its moments here and there. I liked it more than Salvation, but probably not as much as 3. The problem with all the sequels is that, quite simply, none of them come anywhere close to the greatness of the first two films. Why it is that no writers/directors can seem to make a Terminator movie that accomplishes that feat is kind of beyond me. They've had three tries now. It seems like at least ONE of them would have done it.
The lack of James Cameron will do that.

The lack of James Cameron will do that.

Sure, but there are other good directors out there. I really wonder how much of it has to do with the directors and how much of it has to do with the studios and producers not ALLOWING the franchise to be what it's supposed to be.

I think the biggest problem with the Terminator franchise is that the studios decided that, instead of the films being these cutting edge, gritty masterpieces, they were going to be these glossy PG-13 middle-of-the-road films that were designed to appeal to everybody.

Hell yeah! Seconded.
Greed always ruins things. Once studios realized family movies made more money they started just converting everything into a family movie. Same thing happened to Die Hard too. I miss the 80's when everything was violent as shit, and just targeted to children anyway. We lived through it.

Greed always ruins things. Once studios realized family movies made more money they started just converting everything into a family movie. Same thing happened to Die Hard too. I miss the 80's when everything was violent as shit, and just targeted to children anyway. We lived through it.

Pretty much. There was actually a specific point during the movie last night where I just sighed and said to myself, "Man, the 80s were awesome."

You're right about how, back in the day, they'd just make the shit violent as hell and market it to kids anyway. There were T2 action figures and lunch boxes and video games and all that shit. What watered down times we now live in.

Same with Robocop, they had a ton of toys and merchandise marketed towards children, even though the first and second movies were violent as hell. The third was crap.

Same with Robocop, they had a ton of toys and merchandise marketed towards children, even though the first and second movies were violent as hell. The third was crap.
Yeah there was an honest trailer I think for Robocop where they poke fun at that. "From a time where action movies were made for adults, but marketed to children", then they showed one of the old toy commercials. Back then we just watched the same movies as our parents once we weren't little kids anymore, and we didn't all turn into serial killers ffs.

Nowadays people will only let their kids watch Disney movies, yet they'll buy them GTA games. People are dumb.

I always felt the original movie was the best of the series because it had the razor sharp focus and short time-span that makes it so effective as a thriller. It also fits very naturally into the technological paranoia of eighties movies (other examples being Robocop, Videodrome, Wargames, etc..).

Also, extra points because the soundtrack kicks serious ass.

maxresdefault.jpg

Interesting. So is The Matrix your current favorite movie?

I don't think I have a favorite movie. There are just too many that I love and I love them all for different reasons. If you had asked me when I was a kid, I'd have said Bloodsport. But now it's kind of like having a favorite band, I just don't.

No, I'm in your camp at this point there's just too many movies I truly enjoy to just pick one, ten or even twenty. I just have a pool of films I really enjoy.

Back