I have a movie confession

G

Guestx

I had never seen The Terminator . . . until tonight.

I had seen all the sequels. Hell, I even own T2 and have seen it several times. But the first film? Never did watch it.

You may be wondering why. Honestly, it all comes down to one time when I was probably about 13 or 14, I saw a brief clip of some claymation robot and was like, Nope! And ever since then when it came time to watch a movie I just always found something else to watch.

But I've been thinking a lot about it over the past few years and today I was in Best Buy and saw that they had it on Blu-Ray for $8.99 and I was like, "It's time." So I bought it and checked it out tonight.

My verdict? This movie is fucking RAD! We got Arnold in his prime, a cool ass story, and now having seen them in their entirety, the effects are actually pretty awesome looking even today.

It's pretty different from later entries . . . more of a sci-fi horror film than sci-fi action ( which I had heard). But I had a lot of fun with it.

Also, Linda Hamilton looked pretty good. Better than in T2. I think she's a massive testament to the awesomeness of 80s hair and what it can do for a girl.

Anyway, flame away for me just now seeing T1.

Terminator-Genesis-Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Character-Explained.jpg

Oh, one other thing. Tech Noir lokks like a cool club. I'd go kick it there.

latest

Oh, one other thing. Tech Noir lokks like a cool club. I'd go kick it there.

latest

"You've got me burnin!"

All good, I actually used to watch T2 all the time as a kid, its one of my favorite movies of all time, I had never watched T1 in its entirety until I was a teen probably, I had only seen parts.

My biggest memories were the eye removal and the ending where the T800 gets blown up, then he's left with only the metal skeleton, after that when he gets his legs blown off and is chasing Sarah and then when he gets crushed. I never watched it all, that was mainly because my dumb brother always told me it sucked, then when I watched it I enjoyed it, though not as much as T2, but still great nonetheless.

One of my favorite scenes from T2. . .
classic movie.i saw it on release day with a mate,there was 4 people in the theatre,us and a retired couple. all through the film the woman kept asking how they did various bits. it was funny as hell and made it memorable.

classic movie.i saw it on release day with a mate,there was 4 people in the theatre,us and a retired couple. all through the film the woman kept asking how they did various bits. it was funny as hell and made it memorable.

WHAT? T2 on release day and there were four people? Are you sure this story is true?

If it makes you feel better OP, aside from it being a movie, idk wtf it is, or even about, or . . . anything lol

Terminator one is awesome! It's my clear favorite of the series.

Original Terminator was a love story. One of my all-time favorite flicks. A masterpiece.

Back