I have a hard time putting Khabib as the GOAT because of weight class.

brownsmith76

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
In a true street fight, Khabib might lose to Jon Jones or Fedor.

You can say "pound for pound" greatest but be real. His small size is a limiting factor. To be the GOAT, you have to consider the other weight classes.

I think the weightclass is strong enough for a GOAT claim but he hasnt been around quite long enough to make it yet IMHO although he is probably the LW GOAT now.

who gives a fuck. LHW and HW suck. the average LW makes Jon Jones skills look like shit.

"greatest" means greatest at the sport. Not some unrelated no rules street battle you made up in your head that has nothing to do with this sport.

Of course Khabib would lose against LHW or HW.
Khabib would lose against any top 5 LHW or HW in the UFC.
But here we talk about pound for pound.
If we talk about baddest guy in the world rankings, Khabib doesn't even make top 500, if we talk about p4p, he is number 4 IMO (after GSP, Jones and Silva)

Khabib title run was too short to call him the PFP goat. He never even fought a five rounder until he got the title shot.

Nobody seems to click on it but he asked to be put N1 P4P . While crying etc.

Those things happen by themselves, you don't ask for it

who gives a fuck. LHW and HW suck. the average LW makes Jon Jones skills look like shit.

"greatest" means greatest at the sport. Not some unrelated no rules street battle you made up in your head that has nothing to do with this sport.
Don't get it twisted, I do agree more with you than I do with TS.
However, the "Not some unrelated no rules street battle you made up in your head that has nothing to do with this sport" sttement is false.
Actually, being big and heavy is a super important attribute in fighting, as important as being tall is in basketball.
Only difference being that, if 5.4 guys go up against 6.8 guys in basketball, they will just lose, and never achieve anything in the sport, but everyone will go home healthy.
In fighting, if you put a 5.6 130 pounder against a 6.4 260 pounder, the 5.6 guy will die...
So weightclasses are just here to protect smaller fighters...
That's why noone gives a shit about the FW division, because FW division is to fighting what midget's basketball would be, or what a marathon only for 300+ pound guys would be.
Fighting is the only sport where guys who aren't naturally gifted for it (because being big is the biigest determinism in fighting, and you can't do anything against that) still are given a chance

In a true street fight, Khabib might lose to Jon Jones or Fedor.

You can say "pound for pound" greatest but be real. His small size is a limiting factor. To be the GOAT, you have to consider the other weight classes.

That's not what GOAT means

No shit the much larger guys are gonna win, but LW, Or anyone around that size Khabib owns.

Well, yes, P4P is fantasty. Best fighter ever is a HW. So it's Fedor.
image.jpeg

its not about the weight class but about the achievements, being a grappler dominating a purely stand up fighter division and defending the belt only 3 times does not make you GOAT P4P and this has nothing to do with his size

Lol what? Jon Jones is undeniably one of the most skilled fighters in MMA history.

Khabib is amazing but he doesn't have the resume, diversity of competition or title defenses for any P4P GOAT discussion. Gaethje is probably the worst MMA wrestler I've ever seen for a D1 guy. Guy like Coleman, Randleman and Sonnen were also prone to being submitted, but at least they had good offensive wrestling and top control and continued to train in wrestling when in MMA.

Back