I have a few questions : mouthpiece gate and Silva not capitalizing on front kick

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First of all, it was an entertaining fight, and 40% Silva did well for his age.

However, i want to ask you sherbrahs what is the rule concerning the mouthpiece loss? If you lose your mouthpiece and there is no action, does the ref have to stop the fight for a moment and give it back to him straight away? Is it Herb's fault for letting it go on or Bisping for wanting his protection back? I thought the mouthpiece was a basic and obligatory protection...

Then the other question is more a wtf was silva doing through the fight. I know he is getting old and wants to save his energy, i know he also uses to capitalize on opponents mistakes and is not a pressure fighter, so why did he let bisping recover after the front kick?? He's not even running after him ffs !!

It's almost like he was there for the show and the money. I don't quite understand his approach, it's almost like he was mentally sparring.

Anyway good for him on battering Bisping's face, as usual Anderson left with no bruises, and is still blood-free since 1998.

Usually, if there is a pause in action, the ref will call time and help the fighter replace his mouthpiece.

Anderson is getting up there in age, and I don't think he has the stamina to really get after opponents like he once had.

Ouch you could see some of Bisping's blood fly on top of the cage there

Silva showed a tremendous lack of fight IQ, he really could have won that fight in Anderson Silva fashion, if his piss comes back clean, I'll be satisfied.

I was yelling at my tv when he didn't go for the kill after the front kick in the 5th. I thought he was clearly down 3-1 and needed the finish, guess silva and his corner saw it differently.

Almost looks like he's trying to display dominance over Bisping there. Like he's showing it didn't take much effort, trying to intimidate him.

That's ego.

First of all, it was an entertaining fight, and 40% Silva did well for his age.

However, i want to ask you sherbrahs what is the rule concerning the mouthpiece loss? If you lose your mouthpiece and there is no action, does the ref have to stop the fight for a moment and give it back to him straight away? Is it Herb's fault for letting it go on or Bisping for wanting his protection back? I thought the mouthpiece was a basic and obligatory protection...

Then the other question is more a wtf was silva doing through the fight. I know he is getting old and wants to save his energy, i know he also uses to capitalize on opponents mistakes and is not a pressure fighter, so why did he let bisping recover after the front kick?? He's not even running after him ffs !!

It's almost like he was there for the show and the money. I don't quite understand his approach, it's almost like he was mentally sparring.

Anyway good for him on battering Bisping's face, as usual Anderson left with no bruises, and is still blood-free since 1998.

I was discussing this with a
friend last night & my homie
has a pretty good theory on
anderson's possible attitude
going into this fight & why much
of his performance seemed
unorthodox... (Obviously,
it's all conjecture between two
fans...) anyways,

Anderson is a lifelong martial
artist. He may be at a point in
his craft where he is using the
fight more as a testing ground
for his art. He's been training
new techniques& before the
fight, hardy was mentioning
how silva seeks lessons from
anyone he feels he can learn
from... sorta like fellow great,
Pierre. so perhaps he was fighting
more for himself, finally. As
opposed to fighting for the belt,
or his fans or his family...

Especially now that the sport,
with all the testing & regulations,
is heading in a direction where
skill & natural ability will be of
utmost importance. I can see
how silva might want to test
himself in this way.

Also, Bisping is a tough mother
fucker. Dude didn't even drop
from that blow. Anderson
probably knew he needed his
energy. Which he did...

Yeah but if you had to burn your cardio any moment in the fight it was the FUCKIN TIME

Almost looks like he's trying to display dominance over Bisping there. Like he's showing it didn't take much effort, trying to intimidate him.

That's ego.

This could be it. Same as the weidman side. I think silva takes this posturing to an extreme where its really making him less effective. Sometimes you have to forget all the mental games and just hit the guy.

He's getting old and is trying to conserve his energy. Also possibly wanting to go 5 rounds to get back into the rhythm after a long layoff.

There's a number of reasons, lately Andersons never wanted to finish early.

He's getting old and is trying to conserve his energy.
"I had him rocked, but I wanted to conserve my energy".

Really?

Him walking away and celebrating early suggested he was quite content with "finishing early". That is some bad dc, bro.

This could be it. Same as the weidman side. I think silva takes this posturing to an extreme where its really making him less effective. Sometimes you have to forget all the mental games and just hit the guy.

I also think he does way too much rope a dope even though he looks like he enjoys it he has to be careful because his chin isn't what it used to be

Yeah but if you had to burn your cardio any moment in the fight it was the FUCKIN TIME
I think it was Hardy that pointed out that After Anderson dropped Bisping in the 3rd and thought he won, jumping on the cage, thinking the fight is over only to be told it wasn't, he had to have had a HUGE adrenaline dump for the rest of the fight.

And the mouthpiece replacement is totally at the refs discretion. Otherwise guys would be spitting them out every time they wanted a break in the action.

the mouthpiece rule is simply, don't spit it out

Constantly surprised by how little understanding of the rules people on here have.

Back