I have a feeling Reyes will get smashed in a rematch

Not sure how Jon can hurt him other than taking him down and subbing him.

Reyes is a better striker.

Yes, Jon is a better fighter though.

Times are changing, he's getting lit up. Your chin doesn't get better with age.

It doesn't get worse either at the age he's at. Foreman was 50 and still had a granite chin. And Reyes is not a bomber.

It doesn't get worse either at the age he's at. Foreman was 50 and still had a granite chin. And Reyes is not a bomber.
George Foremen didnt fight with 4oz gloves. Whatevs, even if you disregard the chin statement, Jones is looking less invincible each time out as of late.

I actually disagree, I think Reyes could make some proper adjustments and may even get the finish or at the very least not run out of gas in the championship rounds.

George Foremen didnt fight with 4oz gloves. Whatevs, even if you disregard the chin statement, Jones is looking less invincible each time out as of late.

So your chin only deteriorates with 4oz gloves? You sure went full retard there.

He doesn't need to be invincible to beat Reyes.

I just don't see Reyes keeping that pace for all five rounds in a rematch.

Jon is undefeated in rematches, but then again Jon is undefeated.
He popped hot vs DC, & pulsed so out of control Vegas wouldn't licence him vs Gust.

So yeah, He's undefeated when in rematches where he is taking PEDs

Notice those are his only finishes in the last 9 fights. He has to cheat to get finishes.

I bet John will,work takedowns, trips.,I’m guessing he concentrated on stand I’m thinking he’d get him down. Reyes showed amazing tkd and bounced up each time. I predict Jon gets him down next fight.

Jones is too good, too smart, to lose a rematch. He’ll have Reyes figured out

Jones has proven in the past that he does better in rematches [DC, Gus], but as has been pointed out, maybe getting older or not taking any banned supplements anymore has changed Jon as a fighter. Reyes will get his rematch, and we will see!

And if he doesnt he will lose badly. He knows he doesnt have the cardio.
He's better off going for broke than trying to outpoint for 25 minutes. Jones had to wait on him to slow down to get comfortable. He was getting tagged early and often.

So your chin only deteriorates with 4oz gloves? You sure went full retard there.

He doesn't need to be invincible to beat Reyes.
Well I never said that, but Foreman fought in a completely different sport and is anomaly even for his sport. In Mma we've seen the cumalative effect over time in guys who had iron chins. I'm not an export on the matter, so I'll just let it go.

If he turns in to Gus and never recovers physiologically from this yes he will lose

The thing about Reyes is he seems like he has that crazy winner’s mentality. Like hes gonna kill himself in the gym for the rematch, and not start feeling himself because of the newfound hype and start getting lazy

I'd normally agree, but if Jones stays on his wink "vegan diet" wink because of the USDA pressure then he's just getting older & slower. We'll know how confident him & his team are if they demand the immediate rematch is next or settle for the winner of corey/ jan.

It's just one of those things. A guy who performs above expectations and above himself the first fight against one of the greats has only one way to go from there, while the great fighter will have adjusted and this time win routinely.

So unfortunately, I fear the judges damage to this fight will be greater than people think.
Maybe. I think Rumble ruined Gus before the second Jones fight.

Cruise under the radar the guy who almost beat Jones, let Jones get older or retire or move up to HW, and avoid getting Gussed in a rematch, then become champ after Jones leave

Jones would be more motivated in a rematch since Reyes actually gives him reason to be motivated now and he’s taken Reyes hard shots so there’s no more element of surprise or feeling out needed in a rematch

Back