I have a feeling Reyes will get smashed in a rematch

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's just one of those things. A guy who performs above expectations and above himself the first fight against one of the greats has only one way to go from there, while the great fighter will have adjusted and this time win routinely.

So unfortunately, I fear the judges damage to this fight will be greater than people think.

The guy could have finished the other guy. He didń't. So the guy won. Maybe the guy get's a rematch and wins.

Who knows.

It's possible. Then people would argue that it means he didn't win the first fight.

It's just one of those things. A guy who performs above expectations and above himself the first fight against one of the greats has only one way to go from there, while the great fighter will have adjusted and this time win routinely.

So unfortunately, I fear the judges damage to this fight will be greater than people think.
If Reyes comes into this fight riding the "I'm the uncrowded champ" high instead of analyzing how he lost a razor thin fight he will be destroyed. This all just looks like history repeating itself

Jon is undefeated in rematches, but then again Jon is undefeated.

Kung Fu shit. Jones knows his style now and will finish him in the 2nd fight like he did with Gus and DC

<seedat>

Same can be said for Jones. Both are gonna look back at the footage and will learn what they feel they should do next time.

The guy could have finished the other guy. He didń't. So the guy won. Maybe the guy get's a rematch and wins.

Who knows.

Nah, Jones will likely have a better performance and Reyes will most likely have a worse one. Considering who they are, this would mean that Jones probability of winning is far higher than Reyes repeating or improving on the last performance.

Nope, Reyes is 2,5 years younger and 5 years into his mma career.
Jon Jones is undefeated in 2 rematches. Against older guys.
DC was 38 and winning the fight till the knockout.
Gus has lost 2 inbetween, got knocked out and semi retired. + he had a baby ->lower testosterone levels

How often do I need to exlain this?

Nope, Reyes is 2,5 years younger and 5 years into his mma career.
Jon Jones is undefeated in 2 rematches. Against older guys.
DC was 38 and winning the fight till the knockout.
Gus has lost 2 inbetween, got knocked out and semi retired. + he had a baby ->lower testosterone levels

How often do I need to exlain this?

Reyes is no Anderson Silva or Daniel Cormier.

It's going to be very close again, if we have learned something from this inmediate title rematches is that they usually go in a very similar way

Against the flow on this one. Reyes comes out man on fire with chip on shoulder and pulls off upset in 2

Or this will be the Machida vs Shogun situation of 2020!..

We will see!

Can't really call it. Jones has been looking
less invincible lately. I think the intimidation factor is gone. The gap in skill is as big as it use to be. That chin isn't gonna hold up for up forever.

Its not going to be like Gus, Reyes does not sound damaged in the head like Gus, he really did study the best way to beat Jones and he will study even more so the second time, he is not going to fade out of the division like Gus.

Can't really call it. Jones has been looking
less invincible lately. I think the intimidation factor is gone. The gap in skill is as big as it use to be. That chin isn't gonna hold up for up forever.

He is fighting new guys that are bigger, he came into a transition time when big names were close to retirement. I think Jones is incredible but Reyes could put a question mark in his legacy, Jones did too much stuff away from the octagon that has probably hurt his game, plus its much harder for him to use PEDs now.

Back