I have a bad feeling Chael will outsmart Fedor

He had no problem taking 250lb Rampage down. Say what you want but Rampage can wrestle defensively even at his current state.

Yes true but fedor is different animal and keeping him down . Uses his hips well
Yes but has no offensive
Fedor does he showed it recent vs mir
Fedor can do both

I generally agree with the points you were making both about Fedor and this fight, but it simply isn't true that "all of Fedor's losses were only to top Hws". Chael is no Dan Henderson, but Dan isn't all that much bigger than Chael, if at all.
Much different wrestlers too
Hendo would out wrestle sonnen all day no comparison

An interesting fact: Chael's 4-1 against Pride stars, which includes a four-fight winning streak and avenging the loss. Paulo Filho, Wanderlei Silva, Rampage Jackson, Shogun Rua, all guys who either won or made it to the finals of a Pride Grand Prix. That's a promising precedent for the Fedor fight. Has anyone else in the sport's history had a better run against Pride Grand Prix finalists?

Anderson wasn't a Pride star, by the way. You'd might as well call Amar Suloev a Pride star; beating Bustamante's better than anything Anderson did in Pride.

Hampage and Wandy were absolutely shot beyond belief when they fought Chael to be fair. Shogun has looked like ass since his third ACL tear in the Machida fight as well.

He had no problem taking 250lb Rampage down. Say what you want but Rampage can wrestle defensively even at his current state.
"Rampage can wrestle defensively even at his current state." . Apparently not .

Yes true but fedor is different animal and keeping him down . Uses his hips well
Yes but has no offensive
Fedor does he showed it recent vs mir
Fedor can do both

Mir was never a good wrestler. A good grappler but a poor wrestler.

Sonnen was an Olympic alternate. What Fedor did to Mir doesnt indicate that he will do the same to Sonnen.

Mir was never a good wrestler. A good grappler but a poor wrestler.

Sonnen was an Olympic alternate. What Fedor did to Mir doesnt indicate that he will do the same to Sonnen.
Sonnen was never Olympic alternate ?
Hendo caused him problems as he was elite wrestler
Hendo sonnen miles part skill wise

Sonnen was never Olympic alternate ?
Hendo caused him problems as he was elite wrestler
Hendo sonnen miles part skill wise

Sonnen was an Olympic alternate. Do your googles. Easily one of the better wrestlers in mma.

Hampage and Wandy were absolutely shot beyond belief when they fought Chael to be fair. Shogun has looked like ass since his third ACL tear in the Machida fight as well.

And that's why Fedor will win?
I think the fight's 50/50 to be fair. 60/40 Chael at the most.

Sonnen was an Olympic alternate. Do your googles. Easily one of the better wrestlers in mma.

He competed in the U.S. trials. It's still a great accomplishment and a testament to your wrestling skills to get that far, but an Olympic alternate is technically the runner-up at the trials, not somebody who just competed at them.

And that's why Fedor will win?
I think the fight's 50/50 to be fair. 60/40 Chael at the most.

He competed in the U.S. trials. It's still a great accomplishment and a testament to your wrestling skills to get that far, but an Olympic alternate is technically the runner-up at the trials, not somebody who just competed at them.

Where did I say Chael would win?

1. Fedor isnt much bigger than Sonnen if at all like morons in this thread are suggesting

2. Even if Fedor was bigger, I dont think it would help him much in the grappling department. If you have trained you understand. Sonnens wrestling is more important than his size disparity.

3. Fedor is 13 years past his prime and his chin is probably 75% deteriorated from what it was in his prime. He has been floored by punches in his last 3 fights. Its not silly to think Sonnen, a 200lb athlete on steroids would be able to at least hurt Fedor.

I think Fedor can win this fight if hes sharp and prepared to wrestle, scramble and avoid sneaky submissions. Sonnen is the kind of guy you don't want to be reckless against. This is a match up which could really make Fedor pay for his sloppiness so I hope hes sharp.

I think if Fedor doesnt rush things and makes it out of the first 3 minutes, Sonnen will gas and get more and more discouraged and will turn over to his side in fetal position like he always does when things dont go his way, waiting for the ref to come in and save him.

Hopefully, Fedor comes in sharp and gets the TKO but I don't think it will be easy. Lots of fools still acting like its still 2005.

1. You are calling people morons when they are stating facts? Fedor will be around 240 lbs. for this fight. The heaviest Chael has ever been is 222 lbs to my knowledge. So yes, Fedor has a considerable size advantage and is an inch shorter?

2. Fedor is bigger and is not severely overweight like Rampage who was 30 lbs. heavier than his prime weight. Fedor can still toss people around as seen with Mir.

3. I agree, Fedor could be floored. It's just not that likely. Sonnen isn't stupid enough to trade with Fedor.

Everybody here believes Chael stands no chance against Fedor. At first this was what I thought too.

In reality, Chael has a very solid chance to outsmart Fedor and to neutralize him by lay and parying him for 3 rounds. I don't see Fedor pulling a submission off of his back - firstly, because this is not the Fedor of old, and secondly, because Fedor will be fighting a guy whose bread and butter is taking and holding people down.

Chael is not retarded and will totally refuse to stand and bang with Fedor. He will be shooting takedown after takedown, just like he did with dangerous strikers like Silva, Rampage and the others. I see him taking down Fedor with ease and then holding him down for whole eternity.
Would not be surprised if Chael Sonnen wins by boring, but important UD.

What do you people say? Will Sonnen get KTFO-ed by Fedor or will he pull a sneaky lay-and-pray based game plan to outsmart The Last Emperor?
i got Chael winning by UD in a pretty boring fight as i think he’ll wrestle Fedor for the whole fight like he did to other great fighters.

If Chael wins Cro Cop should call him out.

The people saying chael could possibly tko Fedor in the stand up are on bath salts. HOWEVER, I do think chael can take him down and smother him. Especially if it's 3 rounds.

I suspect Fedor has few holes in his game, mostly in BJJ. DOnt think Chael presents any problems however.
Hes a straight forward wrestler and while Fedors BJJ may be slightly undeveloped hes got a sh$% ton of Rus Olympic level wrestlers to train with and has been proven difficult to take down.

Everybody here believes Chael stands no chance against Fedor. At first this was what I thought too.

In reality, Chael has a very solid chance to outsmart Fedor and to neutralize him by lay and parying him for 3 rounds. I don't see Fedor pulling a submission off of his back - firstly, because this is not the Fedor of old, and secondly, because Fedor will be fighting a guy whose bread and butter is taking and holding people down.

Chael is not retarded and will totally refuse to stand and bang with Fedor. He will be shooting takedown after takedown, just like he did with dangerous strikers like Silva, Rampage and the others. I see him taking down Fedor with ease and then holding him down for whole eternity.
Would not be surprised if Chael Sonnen wins by boring, but important UD.

What do you people say? Will Sonnen get KTFO-ed by Fedor or will he pull a sneaky lay-and-pray based game plan to outsmart The Last Emperor?

Tap out Chael will be tapping out the first sign of adversity. Have people on this site seriously not seen Chael's fights and how quickly he quits when he faces any type of adversity in his fights? People are really gullible

Why are people commenting that Fedor is bigger and stronger than Sonnen? Sonnen is listed as an inch taller than Fedor, and with this being heavyweight who knows what weight Chael will come in at, or how strong he will be. I've seen pictures of them together where Sonnen looks to be the bigger of the two.

Lmfao fedor will weigh atleast 20lbs heavier

It's a much closer fight than people think. I for one hope Chael does win.

Back