I hate watching all these new year weight loss stories

BrutalBoy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
so someone who went from morbidly obese to normal should be commended for losing weight? how bout having some self control.

/rant

I see what you're saying but at least they are trying.

I got a friend who is grossly obese and he doesn't give 2 shits.

I love watching The Biggest Loser.

Yes, people who makes substantial improvements to their life through dedication, hard work and struggle should be commended.

It's just marketing so people join in on the diet plans and buy the special food packs, etc...

There are so many overweight people out there and it would be stupid not to advertise.

Pretty weak rant, imo.

I love watching The Biggest Loser.

Yes, people who makes substantial improvements to their life through dedication, hard work and struggle should be commended.

how bout people who workout to not be like that in the first place.

I also watched dateline, the story about Al Roker's weight loss. I dont know whos been in more weight loss stories him or the subway guy

Transforming from morbidly obese to normal requires self-control imo.

Transforming from morbidly obese to normal requires self-control imo.

I think what TS is talking about is not getting fat in the first place and while I agree with him, I can't hate on someone trying to get in better shape either.

how bout people who workout to not be like that in the first place.

I also watched dateline, the story about Al Roker's weight loss. I dont know whos been in more weight loss stories him or the subway guy

Those people are great too. Applauding positive change does not imply a lack of respect for consistent healthy behaviour.

I think what TS is talking about is not getting fat in the first place and while I agree with him, I can't hate on someone trying to get in better shape either.

Agree. Just pointed out that part which can be interpreted the wrong way, like I did.

TS I agree with what you're getting at - not getting that way in the first place - but disagree that you don't like hearing it. Losing weight and staying in shape isn't easy, it's not a fad and its not something you can do overnight. It involves a lifestyle change, dedication and a great deal of commitment.

I share no sympathy for obese people who whinge and refuse to do anything about their state but give a lot of love to that obese guy coming to the gym every night and pushing past his fears and insecurities to make a change. Share your story to inspire others, it could change someone's life!

TS, there's a very good chance that I would consider myself a lazy, fat slob if I looked and trained like you (otherwise, you're extremely thin). So, how about you give people a break, because you're someone else's definition of slothful.

i applaud the fact they did something about it

You're just a dick, bro.

I can see where you're coming from. Glad you got the rant out of you. Now just chill dawg, chill. No need to get yourself worked up from this stuff. Should really be doing the opposite because those people need all the encouragement they can get. It's Forking Hard to lose weight and overcome and change bad/terrible habits.

You do realize people cant help the lifestyle they are born into which is not a choice right ts?? If all your parents buy you for nutrition is junk food candy and fast food you can be athletic all you want but most likely you will be unhealthy/overwight people sometimes might have to wait for the right timing and opportunity to make a drastic change in their lifestyle
Oh
And I agree with the other guy I love watching the biggest loser even tho I weigh 170 and can see my abs those people are still inspiring

A rather bizarre rant. Letting oneself become morbidly obese is the ultimate showing of lack of self control. However losing 200+ lbs is arguably more impressive than packing that weight on.

Dirty little secret. If I ever feel like a fat peice of shit, I turn on half ton mom and instantly feel skinny.

Also body types can be influenced by gentics and fat people dont always choose to be fat not everyone can have a perfect body like you ts

Back