I hate veggies!!!!

EAGLE

White Belt
Reaction score
I know they are good for you and I should eat them...but i can't. they are nasty as all hell. I can eat raw carrotts and the heads off broccolli and green beans. other than that I am spent. So what i was wondering is if drinking V-8 would begood enough?? or if anything else would be a good substitute???

What kinds of other vegetables have you tried? Some i recommend are Asparagus, cabbage, brussel sprouts, artichokes, butterbeans, spinach, yams, sweet potatoes, cassava root. If you really look around at the grocery store or head to a ethnic food market you are bond to find some veggies you like their are a shitload of different types with diff flavors you can buy. I would just look around and try alot of different stuff until you find a fit

EAGLE said:
I know they are good for you and I should eat them...but i can't. they are nasty as all hell. I can eat raw carrotts and the heads off broccolli and green beans. other than that I am spent. So what i was wondering is if drinking V-8 would begood enough?? or if anything else would be a good substitute???

try some peapods, or edemame (spelling). chinese veggies, like water-cresents.

Suck it up and eat them dude. They are for your growth and development. A V-8 and a multi-vitamin are a good alternative. IMO, cannot beat the real thing.

yeah i think i need to suck it up. but i have tried alot of those veggies they just piss me off but what ya gonna do. but i could drink v-8 and take vitamins if i had to??

EAGLE said:
yeah i think i need to suck it up. but i have tried alot of those veggies they just piss me off but what ya gonna do. but i could drink v-8 and take vitamins if i had to??

You probably need to learn to cook. I'm not being sarcastic. It makes all the difference.

i have always heard steaming veggies is the healthiest way to eat them?? how would you suggest to cook them?

yeah, either you are a bad cook, or you are psychological damaged from the time your mommy forced veggies down your throat.

try stir frying, and then think of a way to thank the chinese ppl for the wok.

cooking veggies and then putting a little bit of butter on then makes them taste pretty good. actually you don't even have to know how to cook, cuz you can put frozen veggies in the microwave with a little bit of water, and they'll cook in about 2 mins.

i tried stir fry and got to admit...not to bad, but i had the wife cook them, cause you are right if it isnt on the grill i cant cook it!! thanks for the info

Speaking of grilled veggies. Try topping your burgers with them instead of cheese. If you use a wheat bun and lean ground beef, congratulations, you now have a perfectly healthy burger.

King Kabuki said:
Speaking of grilled veggies. Try topping your burgers with them instead of cheese. If you use a wheat bun and lean ground beef, congratulations, you now have a perfectly healthy burger.
i have done all taht exept the veggie part...so it looks like i am one step away

Stir fried veggies are awesome! They are pretty good with some chicken and brown rice.

If you like garlic, then add it to your veggies when you're stir frying them. I used to hate brocoli before I got married to a Sicilian woman. She puts garlic and olive oil in all the veggies (brocoli, spinach, etc.) Now I love 'em! Cook until the garlic turns brown and you're good to go!

To hell with eating raw food...... .0000000001% of the human population can stand eating raw food even one day a month (except for maybe salads with dressing on it). Be realistic. Don't over cook foods, but learn how to steam veggies, and how to do stir fries with little oil and "just done", so that the veggies are still a little crispy. It may not be as good as eating raw foods but it's still pretty good for you. And certainly better than not eating them.

V8 juice is hardly a substitute for veggies, although it's better than most other non-water drinks.

Back