I hate that Dana seems 'over it'.

NoNotVengeance

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Other than bumpers for prelims to main cards, he just comes off as a guy who inherited
the business from an unknown uncle - as opposed to the guy who did all the grunt work and should be enjoying what could be considered the golden age of the sport (Pettis, Rousey, Jones, MM, Lawler etc are all battle tested champions no one can argue are the single best in their weight classes).

I miss his scrums and his overall enthusiasm for...stuff.

Has this been covered?

Yeah I hear you, been thinking the same.

He has been going hard for about a decade. I just hope we see less Tom Wrights(who is great, just boring), and some interesting promoters.

Dana White is a draw.

Interesting point, he does seem to be somewhat withdrawn, but I wonder how much of that is due to his very strong personality that may at times hinder the brand?

just one thing... this is not the golden age. that's already said and done, but it's still fun.

I think they (the fertitas) are making him take down a notch and I think everything started with that fiasco of him pulling a judge off and event a while ago

Yeah Dana is a beast when he is on. I love how he calls out stupid questions.

I think they (the fertitas) are making him take down a notch and I think everything started with that fiasco of him pulling a judge off and event a while ago

Good point. That's a very real possibility.

We could've used Dana doing that again last night after the Pendred "win."

Everyone says Dana just had it with the media. Apparently he was misquoted at a scrum and Jonathan Snowden told fans to not buy UFC 171, he's just over the media.

He still does the same stuff through Fox outlets, UFC.com and select reporters, but he doesn't give everyone access to him the way he used to.

It's funny how before everyone said he wanted to be the star of the UFC and gave him shit for being everywhere. Now they're pissed that he isn't.

I have the same feeling about Dana White that Nick Diaz has about fighting. To love Dana the promoter, you must really hate Dana the promoter. And if you don't hate him you can't love him.

Dana White at his best was a must-see part of MMA. He did everything. He talked about everything. He criticized anything which threatened his promotion. He kept interest up in MMA at crucial moments in the promotion's history when the sport was running on nothing more than fumes.

I'll miss him. He's successful now, and successful guys are never as hungry as guys fighting and clawing their way into the world.

I think the lawsuit has something to do with it. Dana says too much stupid shit so it's best to limit his time in front of the microphone.

Lawler is a "battle tested champion no one can argue is the single best in his weight class"?

Battle tested, yes, but no one can argue that he is/isn't the single best? Wow... just... wow. Both Hendricks fights were razor thin and Hendricks won one. Then there's Rory, GSP if he comes back... well, you get the idea. I'm not trying to argue that he ISN'T the best, only that it is VERY debatable.

On topic... Dana is a douche. Glad to see him fading off a bit.

Good point. That's a very real possibility.

We could've used Dana doing that again last night after the Pendred "win."

No it isn't. Because nothing came of it. Nothing really happened. Dana has been in much worse trouble and he just pressed on business as usual.

To wit, they are involved in an anti-trust suit, and Dana's past statements will be admitted as evidence. Dana is very entertaining, but as a spokesperson for the company, he has done precisely what a spokesperson should not do: subject the company to liability.

Not sure what your point is but Lawler is not the worlds best Welterweight. Hes not proven at least.

Dana has a hard time keeping personal/business apart and its for the best. Lorenzo needs to get his head out there a little more than just being up conors ass

I was under the impression that he was keeping a lower profile because of the lawsuits.

I was under the impression that he was keeping a lower profile because of the lawsuits.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I keep reading this.. I'm pretty confident Dana White was slowing down before this, avoiding post fights and doing less press. It probably had an impact, but I don't think this is the lone reason.

I wanna say since his second ear surgery, he never picked up his pace. But I'm not interested enough to go back and look for evidence.

Good.

Dana needs to disappear forever.

I don't mind. Dana gave fans a lot to talk about, but a decent number of those things ended with fans just mocking him.

Back