I Hate Dried Fruit

Thai Domi

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
The whole point of fruit is its wet, juicy succulence.

My aunt sent me a care package with a bag of trail mix containing a variety of nuts and assorted shriveled old man scrotum looking purple wrinkled dried former fruit bits.

Who eats this disgusting crap?

She probably does, but why? Why eat dehydrated shriveled ass nuggets instead of real, juicy fruit?
I'm sorry, but I've reached the end of the things I have to say about dried fruit snacks.

Craisins bro? Do you even?

Dried mango, beef jerky and some IPA, good snacks that is.

In my opinion, fruit juices are worse. They contain more sugar than sodas with none of the digestive benefits that the pulp/fiber provides.
The only dried fruits worth eating are the organic ones like this with no added sugar or preservatives (sulfites are terrible for your health):

61QgCLePIaL._SL1000_.jpg

I'm sorry, but I've reached the end of the things I have to say about dried fruit snacks.

Man, I'm reaching out for help here. People are eating dried up rotten fruit and I want to know why.

It's disgusting. What is the appeal of eating shriveled up fruit nuggets?

Why not eat a juicy apple or a plum?

beef jerky

I can get down with this. Dried beef, or biltong is where it's at.

But fruit is supposed to be juicy. Not shriveled up and dried out.

Last edited:
Man, I'm reaching out for help here. People are eating dried up rotten fruit and I want to know why.

It's disgusting. What is the appeal of eating shriveled up fruit nuggets?

Why not eat a juicy apple or a plum?

The same reason why people buy beef jerky instead of a steak: they're more portable, don't require refrigeration, and ready-to-eat.

I enjoy a hand steak from time to time, if you know what I mean.

(I don't know what I mean.)

Are sun dried tomatoes considered dried fruit?

I can get down with this. Dried beef, or biltong is where it's at.

But fruit is supposed to be juicy. Not shriveled up and dried out.

Dat sweet and savory bro, the beer is juicy.

The same reason why people buy beef jerky instead of a steak: they're more portable, don't require refrigeration, and ready-to-eat.

Good reply, I see your logic.

But for me, dried beef is an acceptable alternative to steak. It retains most of the desirable qualities found in prepared meat.

Dried fruit lacks the main quality of fresh fruit, which is its juicy freshness.

Oat and raisin cookies need a word with you.

JK chocolate chip is always superior

Good reply, I see your logic.

But for me, dried beef is an acceptable alternative to steak. It retains most of the desirable qualities found in prepared meat.

Dried fruit lacks the main quality of fresh fruit, which is its juicy freshness.

Well, there's a trade-off as well for beef jerky: they're typically lower in fat than my favorite fatty cuts of steak like ribeye or tomahawk, and they're less tender and contain no juice.

Completely agree. Also i think i read somewhere that dried fruit barely has any nutritional value because it’s chemical structure becomes denatured

Back