I had to put down my dog today

Billy Blanks

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
He has been with me for 12 years. A lab/sheppard/collie mix that I named, Mojo.

I've been noticing him slowin down over the past couple of months. Hard time getting up stairs. Appetite, not what it used to be. Weigh loss. Our walks slowly got shorter and shorter as the months passed.

He had a bad nose bleeding condition that couldn't be helped. This morning it got pretty bad. Woke up with blood all over the place. He had this look on his face that pretty much said "we going for a walk?" 12 years in, and he still had that puppy like demeanor. Only with me, though. I always loved seeing that side of him. As much as I loved seeing that face, I knew this was the end.

At the clinic, the vet walks in and right away, acknowledges the weight loss. 15 lbs since May. He still has size on him, around the waist area was thinner though. The blood starts flowing again. Hes sneezing, with every sneeze blood is coming out. The place is a mess. My eyes start to water, knowing what she is about to say. "He's suffering, I think it's best..." I cut her off and tell her to go ahead with it. Told her I wanted to be with him as he goes. Not a problem. We are moved to another room.
They sedate him first to calm him down a bit. They come in, I'm holding him on my lap. I tell him that I love him and thank him for being my friend for the past 12 years. The process is fast. It kicks in right away as they are injecting. His breaths start to speed up a bit and than slows down. Until there is no more breath. He slowly slumps against me. There is no life left in him. I start to cry. My buddy is gone.

Over the years I have lost a lot of friends and family. I'm and out of many relationships. Achieve certain goals just to go crashing back down. No matter how bad things got, his goofy face always made me laugh and always changed my mood. A walk later, I usually forget what was even bothering me.

It will be tough moving forward. As I'm typing this, I realize that I would usually be taking him on his walk right about now. I don't even know where I'm going with this. I just wanted to share.

Attachments

• 62253.jpeg
    62253.jpeg
    97.3 KB · Views: 73
So sorry for your loss, TS. Thanks for sharing your story. Got me right in the feels. Mojo was a lucky dog - good looking guy, too. R.I.P. Mojo.

Sorry man. RIP Mojo. He was a handsome devil.

It is inevitable with pets and it never gets easier. Sorry, man.
To me, it is worse for me when an animal dies than someone I know, simply because the animals have no clue what is going on. As people, we all know that death is part of the deal. I'm pretty sure animals have no concept of their own mortality.

To me, it is worse for me when an animal dies than someone I know, simply because the animals have no clue what is going on. As people, we all know that death is part of the deal. I'm pretty sure animals have no concept of their own mortality.

Dogs seem to be one of the animals that might know what's up. They are known for sensing their time and going off into the woods to meet their end in their way.

Heart goes out to you....sorry for the pain...it sucks..

So sorry for your loss, TS. Thanks for sharing your story. Got me right in the feels. Mojo was a lucky dog - good looking guy, too. R.I.P. Mojo.

Thanks, he was a dashing fellow.

I always read posters stories about pets passing. I love all animals so it always hits the feels. I can say, felt a lot better typing it out.

RiP to the homie.
It's all good now. He out the hood now.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Went through the same thing two years ago. It still hurts but trust me the pain will get better in time.

Sorry to hear that man. Losing a dog sucks, they're like the only thing on this earth that can love unconditionally. My lab is 13 and starting to decline so this story hit me right in the feels, I'm dreading the inevitable day.

I'm sorry for your loss man. I got a bit teary-eyed just reading your post. Dogs are the greatest.

Sorry man, the inevitable can suck sometimes.

Fuck...so sorry. RIP.

394Qm3p.gif

Back