I had the priviledge to roll with

I

Immortal-BJJ**

Tyrone Glover yesterday, and man I gotta say this dude's fuckin incredible. I'm from a city that's not filled with many black and brown belts, but I gotta say I think he's probably the coolest black belt I've ever gotten to roll with. My neck's still sore from all the chokes I had to defend.

lol, i thought you were going to say you rolled with todd. I hear he has sick core strength and grip.

yeah and on top of that he's fuckin quick, and he's not that big of a dude either.

I rolled with matt furey he knows how to teach you to be tuff his book makes sense

i love tyrones fast, explosive, athletic style, plus he is really technical. congrats. tell us more, what were his strengths, did he have good passing, ? top pressure ?

I was talking about talking about rolling with famous guys last night with another guy at the gym. He mentioned he rolled with Frank Shamrock. He said, "He was the only guy I have ever rolled with that hurt to grab any where. He was cool...he broke my xiphoid process." i thought that was pretty funny.

i love tyrones fast, explosive, athletic style, plus he is really technical. congrats. tell us more, what were his strengths, did he have good passing, ? top pressure ?

He was crazy. It's funny cause he seemed to be breathing a little hard because of the humidity down here in texas, but he never stops. I managed to keep my guard pretty well, but every sweep I tried to hit he had an answer for. I had to escape so many chokes, he has chokes from all angles. Then class was almost over, and someone said "1 minute left" and he quickly finished me off with a toe hold. It was pretty awesome.

that toehold is his signature move. seen him pull it off many times. what kind of chokes ? D'arce ? Anaconda ? RNC?

mainly collar chokes, i forgot the name but he went for that collar choke where were both on our knees, one arm under the neck, one over, simple lock and choke. Franjinha goes for it alot too. A lot of guillotines, even when in my guard which sucked. I had to really think outside the box when rolling with him just to keep up. I think what I really liked was his great base. He has such good balance and control.

I would love to go with tyrone, been a favorite of mine for years. Would rip up the MMA scene if he ever got back into it.

I was talking about talking about rolling with famous guys last night with another guy at the gym. He mentioned he rolled with Frank Shamrock. He said, "He was the only guy I have ever rolled with that hurt to grab any where. He was cool...he broke my xiphoid process." i thought that was pretty funny.

Man, I would love to roll with Frank, I hear different stories about how good he is but I would like to see for myself.

Yeah I've always wondered about that, I wonder how it is to roll with non-bjj grapplers such as Frank, I bet he's a strong sob.

When I first read the thread I read black and assumed black people and thought "Why the hell does race matter in BJJ?" and then I read belt.

There's a brown belt I've rolled with a couple times. Tapping to 6 armbars in a 3 minute roll isn't fun. Yes, I keep count, Gilbert.

What is Glover up to these days? I remember seeing him in a Grapplers Quest DVD awhile back. Is he a lightweight? Featherweight?

Tyrone is nasty. there was a sick video of a BJJ demo he did a while back floating around in youtube somewhere. one of the best BJJ demos ever to this day.

You couldn't hit him? A fight isnt a fight unless you can punch the guy in the face when he tries to get close to you. Every time someone gets close to you that qualifies for a power shot straight to the dome or suprise them with a big leg to the head.....the goal is not never let them in your square. If they manage to get you, well, just bend your knees and start throwing blows to his head or choke him and stuff.

What is Glover up to these days? I remember seeing him in a Grapplers Quest DVD awhile back. Is he a lightweight? Featherweight?

Mr. T-Money is in the process of becoming a superhero.
And you think I'm joking.

Back