I had no idea Lawler basically staked Woodley’s MMA career

I mean the fact that he fucked up Robbies career, after Robbie kick started his. Should've clarified.

First hand look at Tyron's idea of "appreciation"

keac7ags2zc11.gif

That was a legit knockout, Robbie wouldve done him the same

It annoys me how he talks about “outstriking” Condit and finishing him like the leg injury was his intention. He fucked it up on a takedown, the leg kick was just the nail in the coffin

It annoys me how he talks about “outstriking” Condit and finishing him like the leg injury was his intention. He fucked it up on a takedown, the leg kick was just the nail in the coffin
He was out striking him up to that point though. It wasnt close early.

To be fair, though, Condit loses the first round of every fight he doesnt finish early though

Most interesting bit IMO of Tyron’s interview with Ariel on monday:

Whole interview is worth a watch but basically Tyron says about 10 yrs ago when he was first getting started, nobody was giving him a shot in the big leagues, then Strikeforce came to St. Louis headlines by Robbie/Jake Shields.

Tyron knew Robbie since theyre both from around the STL area and he says he asked him if he could put in a good word and Robbie did him one better, hooked him up with Scott Coker who gave him a 6 fight deal and Robbie gave him Javier Mendez’ number and Tyron flew out and trained at AKA for a bit.

...and almost a decade later Tyron repays him by KO’ing him cold for his UFC belt. Lol goddamn that is cold blooded
<36>

It's just business

Rewatch the fight. Condit was fortunate to get out with jus the completely blown out knee rather than brain damage. Woodley landed some bombs

Most interesting bit IMO of Tyron’s interview with Ariel on monday:

Whole interview is worth a watch but basically Tyron says about 10 yrs ago when he was first getting started, nobody was giving him a shot in the big leagues, then Strikeforce came to St. Louis headlines by Robbie/Jake Shields.

Tyron knew Robbie since theyre both from around the STL area and he says he asked him if he could put in a good word and Robbie did him one better, hooked him up with Scott Coker who gave him a 6 fight deal and Robbie gave him Javier Mendez’ number and Tyron flew out and trained at AKA for a bit.

...and almost a decade later Tyron repays him by KO’ing him cold for his UFC belt. Lol goddamn that is cold blooded
<36>

lmao yea. dude is a stud. Woodley is truly one the best fighters ever. Lawler himself is a stud.

Fighter A refuses to fight fighter B because they're friends.
Sherdog: "That's ridiculous! They're fighters, they should be forced to fight each other or get fired!"

Fighter A defeats their friend, fighter B.
Sherdog: "Pfft, some friend he is. What a douche."

<Huh2>

Fighter A refuses to fight fighter B because they're friends.
Sherdog: "That's ridiculous! They're fighters, they should be forced to fight each other or get fired!"

Fighter A defeats their friend, fighter B.
Sherdog: "Pfft, some friend he is. What a douche."

<Huh2>

This might shock you, but there are multiple people on Sherdog. Sometimes our opinions differ.
You should probably go somewhere else if you feel uncomfortable not being a part of a monolith of identical opinions.

Its about being a warrior. It would be disrespect if he would not fight with 100% against Lawler.

I think Woodley got very fortunate to fight Lawler on the decline.

The wars with Hendricks x2, Condit and Rory took what was left in Robbie.

He's done now. He can barely pull the trigger now. Got tooled by 2 LWs and I think Rory was his last real win he deserved.

Fun fact:He was supposed to be on the ultimate fighter season 9 just before that.
But didnt make the final cut.
probably a good thing. when dana talks about TUF bein the hotbed for "new talent" is BS. 6 weeks on a reality show hardly makes a fighter. Dillashaw, Ferguson and the others with TUF experience who went on to be successful would be where they are now even without having been on TUF

I mean the fact that he fucked up Robbies career, after Robbie kick started his. Should've clarified.

keac7ags2zc11.gif

You're right. Tyron should have just taken a dive, in appreciation for what Robbie did for him. That's the spirit of a true competitor.

Its about being a warrior. It would be disrespect if he would not fight with 100% against Lawler.

Not saying its right or wrong i find it kind of funny

Woodley was the “Ruthless” one in that fight haha

keac7ags2zc11.gif
The fact that Robbie took that loss on the chin (no pun intended) so well is just another reason I'm a fan.

You're right. Tyron should have just taken a dive, in appreciation for what Robbie did for him. That's the spirit of a true competitor.
I mean I get it, that's the fight game. Just seems wild, almost prophetic. I was just wondering if he ever reflected on it/talked about it publicly. I was more interested in hearing Tyron's thoughts on it, than wanting to hear him repent or some shit.

This is the most adult thread and responses I’ve seen on these forums in a long time.

The fact that Robbie took that loss on the chin (no pun intended) so well is just another reason I'm a fan.
Definitely, that and doing a post fight interview through a predator mouth:

robbie-lawler-ufc-189-lip1.jpg

Back