I had Mayweather winning by two rounds (last two) against Castillo

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't get the controversy. It was 5 a piece to me at 10 rounds in Mayweather-Castillo 1

Boxing analysts seem to focused on volume of punches rather than how many land at any effective rate..

Castillo lost the last two rounds counting power punches easily, and mayweather was equally offensive.. There is no way for the scoring to give Castillo those last too.

Mayweather was in deep trouble, but he won, thanks to his domination the first 5 rounds, and his strong showing the last two.

And let's just another point clear, which the HBO commentators don't get.

The compubox numbers are irrelevant if Castillo didn't win more rounds than he lost. He could be much more dominant in his won rounds than Mayweather was in his won rounds, but if he didn't win more rounds than he lost, he lost the fight! gosh.

Close fight. 7-5 Floyd, 6-6 or 7-5 Castillo are all fine.

Floyd is one of my faves ..... I thought Castillo outworked him and I had him winning 7-5 .... but as “Hagler” wrote above it’s a close fight that could’ve gone either way

Floyd is one of my faves ..... I thought Castillo outworked him and I had him winning 7-5 .... but as “Hagler” wrote above it’s a close fight that could’ve gone either way

Nah. When Castillo was winning the rounds he was much more dominant, that's why the public perception was that he won the fight.

Nah. When Castillo was winning the rounds he was much more dominant, that's why the public perception was that he won the fight.
I know how to score a fight and I had Castillo winning lol ..... I can see how someone could score it for Floyd .... I wanted to , but don’t feel he did enough to take Castillo belt .... The rematch was competitive, but much more clear imo

And let's just another point clear, which the HBO commentators don't get.

The compubox numbers are irrelevant if Castillo didn't win more rounds than he lost. He could be much more dominant in his won rounds than Mayweather was in his won rounds, but if he didn't win more rounds than he lost, he lost the fight! gosh.
Castillo landed nearly 100 more power punches .... Stats aren’t everything, but nearly 100 more is a lot when you are the one with more power .... I did think Floyd landed the cleaner shots overall .... that’s why I felt it was close .... definitely an opinion question

i dont think this is a thing anymore.....it was a close fight, but it only ever really gets brought up when people are trying to discredit Mayweather

in 30 years, no-one will care or remember this fight, which is a shame for the sport...im glad im an old bastard who will die before boxing

Castillo landed nearly 100 more power punches .... Stats aren’t everything, but nearly 100 more is a lot when you are the one with more power .... I did think Floyd landed the cleaner shots overall .... that’s why I felt it was close .... definitely an opinion question

Doesn't mean shit if he loses more rounds than he wins.

I know how to score a fight and I had Castillo winning lol ..... I can see how someone could score it for Floyd .... I wanted to , but don’t feel he did enough to take Castillo belt .... The rematch was competitive, but much more clear imo

So you don't think he won rounds 11 and 12 despite being the only one landing clean power shots?

Ive watched it three times and scored it for Castillo the last two, having just watched it the first time.

Mayweather took a lot of the early rounds by dancing and landing. Castillo hurt him in perhaps round 6 or 7, and Mayweather ran and survived most of the fight after that.

I could see Mayweather getting the decision.

He definitely got beat up more.

In the rematch he did the right thing and stayed on the outside the whole fight.

Ive watched it three times and scored it for Castillo the last two,.

I find that incredibly. Count the number of power shots landing clean rounds 11 and 12 and you will find that Mayweather lands those hooks while Castillo is just pressing without getting anywhere with it.

I find that incredibly. Count the number of power shots landing clean rounds 11 and 12 and you will find that Mayweather lands those hooks while Castillo is just pressing without getting anywhere with it.
ill happily watch it again. it was a beauty of a fight, and its been a while.

This fight made me hate May, tbh.
Not because he ran, but because he was unable to give any credit whatsoever to Castillo.

and those scores were silly. 116-111?

It was pretty close. I don't think we'd argue much had Castillo got the nod. That said, I think its overstated how dominant Castillo was. He ended strong but lost a lot of early rounds.

So you don't think he won rounds 11 and 12 despite being the only one landing clean power shots?
Did I say anything about rounds 11 and 12 ? I recall scoring it 7 to 5 for Castillo.... don’t recall what rounds I scored for who .... you seem very confident he won those last 2 and I have no reason to dispute that ....did you have a point ? .....I assume you’re asking this to set up the fact that you don’t believe Castillo could’ve been givin 7 of the first 10 rounds ...100 power punches is a lot , especially when I don’t recall Castillo having any huge rounds ....

Back