I had it 4-1 for DP

Hooker
Hooker
Poirier
Poirier
Poirier

Absolutely blew my mind when the commentators and all the social media people said they had it 29-28 Hooker going into the 3rd. 3rd was the ONLY round I gave to Hooker.

Am I crazy?
Lol what how the hell 3rd was Hooker's?
He won 1 and 2 - but 2 was close could've gone either way

I just realized there are people in this thread who are trying to argue that Dustin won the first round lol.

Absolutely blew my mind when the commentators and all the social media people said they had it 29-28 Hooker going into the 3rd. 3rd was the ONLY round I gave to Hooker.

Am I crazy?

No, that's how I scored it.

Everything you say is absurdly biased to the point where you can't be taken seriously

So . . . you didn't give Hooker the first round where he outlanded Dustin 33-20, or the second round where he outlanded him again and almost finished him, but you gave him the third where Dustin was hurting him bad and actually outlanded him by almost 10 more sig strikes?

Lol what?
You gave Dustin the 1st and Hooker the 3rd? Yeah, that's kinda crazy and I had it 4-1 DP too. First round has to got to Hooker, and the third was Dustin's.
Not sure how you give Dustin the first round and Hooker did not win the 3rd, so maybe? lol
Lol what how the hell 3rd was Hooker's?
He won 1 and 2 - but 2 was close could've gone either way
I was drinking, excited by the FOTY to the point where all the rounds bled together, and posted this thread seconds after it ended haha. So yeah I was wrong/cut me a break on this one.

Rewatched and yeah, Dustin won the 3rd, Dan won the 1st. Still 4-1. Or maybe 3-1-1 if you score the 2nd a 10-10. They really should give 10-10s more often...

Everything you say is absurdly biased to the point where you can't be taken seriously
?

I just realized there are people in this thread who are trying to argue that Dustin won the first round lol.

Dustin backed Hooker up almost the entire fight.

Hooker had literally one moment where he looked like he was going to put Dustin away. But he lost it.

Yes, Hooker lostRound 1, and while having a great "end" to Round 2 ... after round three, Hooker looked like he only "wanted to survive."

At the end of the fight, Hooker was on his hands and his knees, then his ass, seated and beaten, as if trying to prevent an ass-rape.

That is not how true champions end their fights <45>

Dustin backed Hooker up almost the entire fight.

Hooker had literally one moment where he looked like he was going to put Dustin away. But he lost it.

Yes, Hooker lostRound 1, and while having a great "end" to Round 2 ... after round three, Hooker looked like he only "wanted to survive."

At the end of the fight, Hooker was on his hands and his knees, then his ass, seated and beaten, as if trying to prevent an ass-rape.

That is not how true champions end their fights <45>
Backing up means nothing when you are getting outstruck/ outgrappled, which Poirier factually was.
There is absolutely no sane arguement for saying Dustin won round 1, it was easily his worst round where he was getting completely tuned up.
Now round 2 is up for debate, but not round 1.
Hooker 1 & 2
Dustin 3, 4, & 5

Screenshot_20200629-165645_Chrome Beta.jpg

It's interesting that if this was a 3-round fight, Dustin was down on the cards despite obviously being the fresher, more skilled fighter.

That being said, Dustin's gameplan was clearly to use his high level experience to drown Hooker in deep waters.

Hooker 1 & 2 Dustin 3-5
Dustin was getting beat up until Hooker gassed. Unfortunately for Hooker he's only a 3 round fighter.

Hooker 1 & 2 Dustin 3-5
Dustin was getting beat up until Hooker gassed. Unfortunately for Hooker he's only a 3 round fighter.
To be fair at the pace they were going I think 99% of fighters would be "3 round" fighters

To be fair at the pace they were going I think 99% of fighters would be "3 round" fighters
Not trying to shit on Hooker at all. He proved that he belonged in the Top 5 in that fight and I don't think really lost anything ranking/position wise. I'm not sure if the weight cut is killing his cardio or what. It was a similar story in the Felder fight.

Great fighty, pretty close, part of me thought that the judges might give Hooker a split decision. Kudos to Dustin.

Dustin saw how Hooker faded against Felder in rounds 4 and 5 and knew he could tune that boy up late in the fight.

And he did.

Am I crazy?
You gave round 1 to Dustin and round 3 to Hooker?

Wow.

This is a great example of why atypical judges scorecards to not necessarily mean the fix is in.

Am I crazy?
You are crazy for giving the 3rd to Hooker, not for having it 4-1 Poirier.

1st was debatable
2nd was obviously Hooker
3rd 4th and 5th were Poirier

3-2 Poirier, maybe 4-1.

You gave round 1 to Dustin and round 3 to Hooker?

Wow.

This is a great example of why atypical judges scorecards to not necessarily mean the fix is in.
You are crazy for giving the 3rd to Hooker, not for having it 4-1 Poirier.

1st was debatable
2nd was obviously Hooker
3rd 4th and 5th were Poirier

3-2 Poirier, maybe 4-1.
I rewatched and posted on the 4th page to reflect the changes. Since no one will read that post, I now edited the OP as well.

Ares, only part I disagree was 2nd being obvious for Dan. Because of the end I'm guessing? That aside though Dustin lands plenty of really hard shots.

Huge Dustin fan. I like Hooker too, but damn, was I proud of both guys!
I scored the fight:
Rnd1-Hooker
Rnd2-Hooker(stole the round rocking Dustin)
Rnd3-Poirier
Rnd4-Poirier
Rnd5-Poirier
Edit: The fight was close, but i believe it was awarded the correct winner.

Back