I gotta admit, I'd feel bad for Dustin if he doesn't get his hands on that LW belt

Either you’re good enough to be the champ, or you aren’t. At least he’s getting a second chance at it. Many title challengers only get one. And the dominant champ he already lost to, is gone.

May the best man win.

Yeah he is better than many former chaps, it would suck if he doesn't get the belt.

However he already made clear his priorities, money > belt, in that sense he got a lot of money out of the Conor fights so I guess he should be alright.

Never been champ material despite the fact he has beaten numerous people who were champ material ? Conor, Eddie, Holloway, Pettis. Sounds logical to me.
Yup and now go look at Donald Cerronea career wins. He must be all time got champ level then lol

What do you mean literally quit between rounds?
If you saw the fight: told his corner he can’t get Khabib off him or do any kinda shit. Corner didn’t feel like throwing in the towel but the fighter did

He made the decision to forego fighting for the belt. He knows UFC belts are relatively meaningless at this point and it's better to make your money while you can.

Don't feel bad for him if he doesn't get the belt. On the contrary, be happy for him that him and his family are likely set for a long time.

Him and Tony eh? ...as the Pride and early UFC era gets left in the mirror, we are seeing fucking stacked lighter weight divisions of ( dare I say) A-Level athletes competing for these belts. They are incredible fighters, but this story will continue to be part of the greater narrative. Champs are rare. Dustin's and Tony's less so. They can even still become champs...who knows. Respect to all of 'em. Well, most of 'em LOL .

Yup and now go look at Donald Cerronea career wins. He must be all time got champ level then lol
He nearly was, he fought for multiple titles, not sure what you mean by "champ material". We've seen time and time again, on any given night the title can go to the least expected hands. Porrier has just as good as a chance as any of the other LW's, he's proven time and time again his an elite fighter at LW. No one would have picked Oliveira as champ 4 years ago.

There are few Cinderella stories in this sport, but when they do happen you must cherish them, Oliveira himself is an example of this

Poirer is very good but I don't quite see how people think he's the best at LW? Beat McGregor twice - great wins, of course, but perhaps not THAT relevant to today's division. Beat Hooker - overrated meathead. Got utterly destroyed by Khabib. Beat a FW. Beat Alvarez and Pettis, good fighters no longer in the UFC. Beat Gaethje - great win. LW, just like LHW, is now being ruled by fighters who would have had no chance to become the champ a couple of years ago so it's slightly less interesting when you know you aren't watching the best. Poirer could KO Oliveira and become the champ, but does anyone really think he's going to be a dominant champ? I see the LW title switching every second or so title defense.

I wouldn't feel bad for Poirer if he doesn't win the belt, he will have had 2 shots and came up short twice. He has made a great deal of money by fighting McGregor so he's going to be set for life. I feel worse for everyone else at LW who hasn't made as much money. When you retire, you can't pay the bills with legacy.

If he's good enough, he'll get it. If he's not, he won't. I won't feel bad either way, but I understand why his fans would feel bad if he loses.

At this point I wouldn't. He's making millions per fight, he's now like a Diaz brother draw type of fighter. Money fight status, everyone is calling him out, McGregor, Nate Diaz, Colby to name a couple.

He's got his MMA future on a platter and a Samsung sponsorship. He's had the shot at the title and came up short, so few even get a shot at the title. He had 2 and passed on the second.

Oliveira wants it more, does not speak English and will probably never be the draw unless he continues his winning streak despite the language barrier. I see Oliveira taking it with less adversity than the Chandler fight.

Don't feel bad for Dustin. At least he got a red panty night, twice...

GettyImages-1051990668-1024x787.jpg

I won't...

mvFHqEr.jpg

After all of the adversity the guy's been through, and when you look at all of the monsters he's faced and beaten in guys like Gaethje, Max, Eddie, Conor, Hooker , etc , in so many wars..it's truly some blood and guts shit.

Plus the fact that he came up short against Khabib, it just would be a feel good story if DP finally got that Undisputed title added to his name and it would be a real shame if he comes up short again.

Hell of a fighter.

If he can't be Charlie Olives then he doesn't deserve it. But I think he's going to finish him.

The best two guys throughout the majority of Poirer's tenure at lightweight were Khabib and Ferguson. He never fought Ferguson and Khabib just ran roughshod over him.

He went life and death with Hooker, albeit a very fun an gutsy performance from both guys.

I think Dustin has generally been just shy of legit championship level. All due respect but beating Conor McGregor doesn't mean much. The guy should not have been ranked and Nate @% Diaz beat the dogshit out of him.

I'm favoring Do Bronx with Poirer being a live dog, in my personal view. Both guys have a good shot, but I think Charles is the better overall fighter.

Last edited:
Back