I got picked for C.L.E.E.T. I need a handgun and 12 gauge pump

I have now bought the Remington 870 synthetic 12 gauge tactical. Found it at Wal-Mart for 349$. Man what a great weapon. LOVE IT!

I have changed my mind on the Glock 19. I'm now going with the GLOCK 23C. I plan on buying this week. Will post pics, shortly after that.

I have now bought the Remington 870 synthetic 12 gauge tactical. Found it at Wal-Mart for 349$. Man what a great weapon. LOVE IT!

I have changed my mind on the Glock 19. I'm now going with the GLOCK 23C. I plan on buying this week. Will post pics, shortly after that.

IMHO a compensated "duty" pistol doesn't make any sense, especially chambered in a common self defense calibre. The .40 S&W is snappy, but doesn't bark enough to warrant a compensated barrel, nevermind its disadvantages when trying to preserve night vision or not burning yourself when firing from awkward positions like from retention.

3527037167_37d233442f_o.jpg

Don't get the compensated model. You will burn the shit out of yourself when you go through CLEET. One of the shooting positions is firing from the hip, and a compensated firearm will burn your ribs in that position.

One more tip for when you graduate and begin working as a police officer or deputy:

thinblueline.jpg

Don't cross this. Some people think it's made up by Hollywood, but I've seen one of or officers get demoted to desk bitch for crossing it.

One more tip for when you graduate and begin working as a police officer or deputy:

thinblueline.jpg

Don't cross this. Some people think it's made up by Hollywood, but I've seen one of or officers get demoted to desk bitch for crossing it.

What exact do you mean this as? Do you mean don't "rat" on other cops even when they are breaking SOPs or even the law?

What exact do you mean this as? Do you mean don't "rat" on other cops even when they are breaking SOPs or even the law?

yes that's exactly what it means which is why cops tend to get a bad name in the US even when they don't deserve it. The underlying hint of 'us vs them' and subtle corruption tends to reinforce the view.

No. Basically, this guy went straight to internal affairs because some guys let something go that wouldn't stick anyway. The guys destroys what he got caught caught with because it didn't even register on the scale and let him go.

To me it means more support your fellow officers even if they're under investigation. Don't lie, but don't necessarily volunteer information you're not asked about.

No. Basically, this guy went straight to internal affairs because some guys let something go that wouldn't stick anyway. The guys destroys what he got caught caught with because it didn't even register on the scale and let him go.

To me it means more support your fellow officers even if they're under investigation. Don't lie, but don't necessarily volunteer information you're not asked about.

So a cop decided what will and will not fly in court (that is the Prosecutor's job). His partner reported that, and you are mad at the guy who followed the rules? Odd. This is the type of stuff that causes that wedge Roaming was talking about.
I will step away from this since it is in the W&T sub-forum.

So a cop decided what will and will not fly in court (that is the Prosecutor's job). His partner reported that, and you are mad at the guy who followed the rules? Odd. This is the type of stuff that causes that wedge Roaming was talking about.

Yeah this whole idea irks me. I am an idealist and I recognize that so I'll keep my opinions to myself. I am with everyone else, get a glock 19 (or a springfield xd service model :) )

Not exactly. He wanted disciplinary action brought against him for a judgment call. As far as I know officer's discretion still exists.

Really the main thing that pissed me off was that he disregarded chain of command and went straight to IAD over nothing.

Trying to screw with another cop's job over getting your panties in a twist for not getting an arrest is pretty messed up.

IMHO a compensated "duty" pistol doesn't make any sense, especially chambered in a common self defense calibre. The .40 S&W is snappy, but doesn't bark enough to warrant a compensated barrel, nevermind its disadvantages when trying to preserve night vision or not burning yourself when firing from awkward positions like from retention.

3527037167_37d233442f_o.jpg

I think there is alot bad info out there on compensated models. The night blindness is completely false, but shooting from the hip may cause some issues.

It's like the "stop snitching" thugs.

Interesting, after CLEET, have you considered competing with your gun at all in either IDPA or USPSA? A compensator wouldn't be allowed in the former and would bump you up to a division where you'd be going up against 1911 race guns in the latter.

Truthfully no. As I said before I have very little experience with hand guns so the thought of competing hasn't really entered my mind yet.

My main thought process with going with the C model was it has less muzzle flip than the normal model. After all the research I had done it seems all the bad publicity that the C model gets typically is coming from people with little or no experience actually shooting them.

Truthfully no. As I said before I have very little experience with hand guns so the thought of competing hasn't really entered my mind yet.

My main thought process with going with the C model was it has less muzzle flip than the normal model. After all the research I had done it seems all the bad publicity that the C model gets typically is coming from people with little or no experience actually shooting them.

If nothing else, I still view it as an unnecessary added cost, for a marginal benefit, to an already sound design. This maybe my two cents, but at the end of the day, it's your dollar. I hope you enjoy your purchase.

To me, it is just another place where crap/trash can get in to the moving parts of your gun. Just one more failure point.

Why does it have to be pump action? There's really no benefit to choosing pump over semi autos.

*edit*

I forgot you're on a budget.

But if you got the cash to spare, I'd get something like a Mossbert 930 spx

Last edited:
Why does it have to be pump action? There's really no benefit to choosing pump over semi autos.

There sure is an advantage for the pump over the semi. A pump will feed all types of ammo reliably. The same cannot be said for most, if not all, semis.

Back