I got my Black Belt

Calfc82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Got it last monday from Mike Ortiz, a Rickson Black Belt. I started training in 1998, then I was off for a few years here and there. I have trained pretty consistent since 2002 with a few layoffs for work,injuries etc lasting for weeks or up to several months at a time.

This was the best and most proud moment of my life. I love Jiujitsu.

Im computer illiterate so I cant post pics. I will figure it out if anyone is interested.

Keep trainin!

That's awesome bro. 12 years of training culminating must feel great.

Congratulations.

A <10 year black belt is really impressive.

I got mine 7 months ago and Im still glowing....Huge Congrats bro!

wow a blackbelt thread. you don't see those on sherdog often. congrats

I seriously would wear mine around ALL the time, even at home, but that's years and years and years from now.

CONGRATS ON YOUR BLACKBELT!!!! That's really inspiring!!

Got it last monday from Mike Ortiz, a Rickson Black Belt. I started training in 1998, then I was off for a few years here and there. I have trained pretty consistent since 2002 with a few layoffs for work,injuries etc lasting for weeks or up to several months at a time.

This was the best and most proud moment of my life. I love Jiujitsu.

Im computer illiterate so I cant post pics. I will figure it out if anyone is interested.

Keep trainin!

Very nice.

What would you say you had to invest financially to obtain that?

sincerest congratulations! awesome!

Congratulations man. As someone above noted, this is really a rare thread on Sherdog. Congrats again.

Awesome!!! Hope you hang around here and give advice to those of us climbing that BIG A$$ ladder.

Dude, what the fuck. I'm pretty sure it's written in the rules somewhere that you can only post this type of thread if you get a blue belt.

Awesome!!! Hope you hang around here and give advice to those of us climbing that BIG A$$ ladder.

Im always around here. The people on sherdog are always good to count on when I need a good laugh, and the grappling forum has good info/threads most of the time.

Thank you everyone....the first black belt I ever saw awarded was to Eddie Bravo from Jean Jacques when he returned from Brazil after tapping Royler. I didnt tap a Gracie family member, but who the hell else has? HAHA

To the guy who asked how much financially I invested....WOW. Now you have me thinking and I dont even want to know. A LOT over the years. Probably a down payment on a house's worth.

Congratulations! Hopefully I'll be able to make one of these threads one day.

That's awesome man. You've accomplished something that very few people will. Congrats!

Congrats. Totally epic.

Back