I GOT KIDS!!!

MMAGA

Belt of Truth
@Brown
Reaction score
I, seriously, cannot hear that line enough! I'm not a merchandise type of guy, but I loved that line so much that I purchased the "I GOT KIDS" "I NEED THIS JOB" shirt from the WWE store.

heath-slater-42k.jpg

So, Heath Slater recently gave an interview on Lilian Garcia's podcast, and like so many other wrestlers, griped about WWE's creative process.

Heath Slater talks about release, frustration w/ WWE creative process

I feel for the guy, even though I don't know him personally. At the end of the day, though...he may just be a square peg trying to get in a round hole? I've said it before, and I'll say it again...some of the talent in WWE are nothing more than modern day jobbers. They either don't get over with the crowd, don't toe the company line, etc., or a combination of various things.

I get we ALL think we're the absolute best at whatever job/career we endeavor on, but the fact of the matter is that the peak of the mountain only has so much room.

According to a couple of sites online, Slater's salary in 2018 was $400K. Damn. I get you're frustrated, but how'bout counting your losses and moving on...take a breather, realize you're a square peg in WWE, and start job hunting in a while?

One thing that did stand out from his interview is him saying that he would pitch good ideas, and WWE would just hand them over to other wrestlers. I'd imagine he's not lying, but I'm also assuming there's a ton more the story. Maybe like he states in his interview, he didn't take the bull by the horns as much as he needed to.

Your thoughts?

His trailer park stuff was really funny.

He worked fine as a lower/mid level guy, but they eventually just run out of things for those types of wrestlers to do.

After the mini fad is over, the only way to go is down, and most guys nowadays don't want to be a jobber.

He is lucky he had a job that long compared to other wrestlers like Colin Delaney.

He worked fine as a lower/mid level guy, but they eventually just run out of things for those types of wrestlers to do.

After the mini fad is over, the only way to go is down, and most guys nowadays don't want to be a jobber.
Yeah ...even Al Snow,could only do that thing for so long.

Back