I got a good feeling Aldo will move up to 155 for his next fight how bout Aldo vs Gaethje for 231?

Aldo won't move up, except for something huge, like an interim title or big name fight.
Other than that, he should stay at 145 - he's not even big by today's standards

He shoulda ben 155 a while ago its tolate now hes to scared hes just wishing to the stars dreaming that he can get his belt back at 145

I do love this fight... had never thought about it until now but seems like a huge win. I have ALDO by TKO or UD.

I do agree with others that he would be pretty small for 155 though...

I don't know how to respond to this because I honestly don't know how good Jose Aldo is presently.

If this were a few years ago?

I would say he beats every LW in the world not named Khabib....

Now? Not so sure.

But even currently I think he lights JG up....

He is heavily muscled but he's a really small guy for 155.
he's basically the same size as 2 recent champions at 155, Alvarez and RDA. He'd have more power at 155, and a big speed advantage. He just took out Stephens who was significantly bigger than him.

I don't want them to fight as they're both two of my favorites.

I completely disagree with this fight. I mean of course I'd love to see it but it makes absolutely no sense.

Aldo is pretty close to a TS at FW, and it might even be his next fight if Max pulls out or continue to have weight-cut related issues, which is not far fetched see his recent history.

I think if Aldo were to fight at LW, it would have to be for a big money/legacy fight (e.g. Conor rematch, Pettis), but he definitely shouldn't be fighting any of the up and coming guys cause it doesn't do anything for him. I think he can beat Gaethje but it might also be a fight that puts an end to his career.

Aldo would wilt under Gaethje's pressure.

Only if it moves Gaethje closer to a titleshot.

I need to see Conor vs Gaethje to die a happy man.

Aldo has a lot of options, I think LW would be the better option for him. I think if he stays at FW the UFC will use him as a stepping stone for the up and coming talent. LW offers him a new opportunity with a ton of entertaining match-ups. Aldo vs Alvarez makes a lot of sense.

Pretty sure he’s focused on getting the Fw belt again

Its not gomna happen.
UFC is happy having him as a step stone or a obstacle for the new FWs.
They didn’t paid him extra before to fight as a champion in the past why would they pay him more now that he is a contender?

Liking it ot not,and I think it would have some great fight at LW,he is stuck on FW.

Unless some top contender fauls or fail and they offer him the chance in time for a reasonable camp.

I'd rather see him fight Pettis at 155.
I want what was promised
foto-alexandreloureiro-inovafoto008.0.jpg

Back