I got a good feeling Aldo will move up to 155 for his next fight how bout Aldo vs Gaethje for 231?

SUBLIME FAN

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Aldo said recently his next fight very well could be at 155 if it’s a big fight offer. There’s absolutely no one like that for him at 145 right now. He’s fought every big name except Ortega and I don’t see him taking the Moicano fight either. I think Aldo would be a good addition to lightweight right now. Tons of fights for him there. Would be a smart career move if he wants those big money fights.

Aldo vs Gaethje. Book this right now.

I got a feelin

giphy.gif

That tonight's gonna be a good night

If he does move to 155, fuck it. Book this. I need the chaos in my life. I need to feel something.

:rustled:

Aldo vs Swanson 2 is the fight to make imo, followed by Aldo vs Edgar 3/KZ 2.

Only rematches from now on.

He is heavily muscled but he's a really small guy for 155.

Aldo vs Swanson 2 is the fight to make imo, followed by Aldo vs Edgar 3/KZ 2.

Only rematches from now on.
That makes 0 sense. Aldo came off a win while Swanson lost 3 in a row. One of those losses was Edgar, who Aldo beat twice. Aldo is still pretty close to the title, while Cub needs to change something pretty drastically to get up there again.

Aldo vs Gaethje would be Heaven. Justin gets chewed up to the body badly

Bad fight for Justin. Aldo is too quick and technical for him and won't be bullied around like Vick.

Nah, who knows how Max's body is going to respond to his next attempt to go down to 145. Aldo should get a fight at 145 on that card and be ready as backup.

I'd be very down with that match-up. But Aldo has been teasing a lw appearance for years now, and it's never happened despite the ample opportunity. I think Jose is gonna ride that Stephens win at fw and try to get back into the title picture, even if it's only after Holloway and/or Ortega move up to 155.

I feel like this would look a lot like the Michael Johnson fight for Gaethje. Aldo would probably piece him up for a little bit, possibly even stagger him once or twice, but by the end of round 2/beginning of round 3, Aldo will gas, War Gaethje will come alive and put an absolute beating on Aldo

It's a great fight but Aldo is a midget at today's 145. It would be a mistake to move to 155 for just one good fight when he would get slaughtered by everyone else in the division.

Did you see how small Aldo looked against Holloway?? How small he would look against 145 lb Michael Johnson and Andre Fili? Dude's a manlet fighting at what is now a non-manlet weight class.

He would be an absolute super midget at 155.

All the guys he beat were manlets: Edgar, Mendes, etc. All those guys are 125 and 135 lbers in today's MMA. If he wants any chance of success, he needs to move down to 125 or 135. Yeah, I know, he's too muscled for that; but he's also too short and too small-framed for anything else. He needs to lose that muscle and fight where he belongs.

I'd take Gaethje in that fight.

Aldo has high mileage, he is not the same guy who dominated for years. Gaethje has a good chin and Jose is not a 1 punch ko guy and Jose is gun-shy which is NOT a problem for Justin.

Gaethje KO round 2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back