I give Ngannou a 40% chance to beat jones at HW

Defeats Cain, Blaydes, Overeem, JDS. The only loss was a decision against Stipe who fought the perfect fight and couldnt finish Francis. No way he is the least skilled. Of course he is a physical beast, but he has very serious skills to achieve what he achieved.

Pretty sure he lost a boring fight against Black Beast too.
Buy hey, fck facts!!

you know how dangerous Jones is when people want him to fight legit HWs

Wilder same

I'd rather see Jones vs Stipe
Stipe wouldn't land a single punch. Seriously. 0% chance of landing a single punch. Maybe he gets a leg kick off, but then gets taken down for his trouble.

I seriously don't know why Jon is even waiting. Right now, is the best time to take over the HW division. A lot of these guys are slow and tire easy. They don't have a height or reach advantage over Jon and they don't have the skill set to manage all his striking options.

do you ever warm up your fingers, twenty different responses dancing through your head, some serious, some snarky, and then it hits you; you have absolutely nothing valuable to say on the subject and close the page? I just had one of those moments. I just came back to type this though.

History tells us that Jones is very very risk-averse. He even pulled out of a UFC event years ago because they gave him a short-notice opponent change (was it Chael Sonner?? cannot remember) and he said he hadn't been training for that type of fighter. Dana and UFC management were furious about that.
But...it says that Jones dos not like taking risks. And nobody can say that fighting Ngannou isn't a huge risk for anyone.

Conclusion : This fight will never happen because Jon will never agree to it. The best predictor of Future behavior is Past behavior.

Stipe wouldn't land a single punch. Seriously. 0% chance of landing a single punch. Maybe he gets a leg kick off, but then gets taken down for his trouble.

I seriously don't know why Jon is even waiting. Right now, is the best time to take over the HW division. A lot of these guys are slow and tire easy. They don't have a height or reach advantage over Jon and they don't have the skill set to manage all his striking options.
Lmao. This is the quality of fan mma has. Delusional.

yeah, Thiago Santos landed almost every time he blitzed forward in a straight line, but stipe who is taller than jones and 10x the boxer either of them are, wouldn’t land a single strike

durrer

Defeats Cain, Blaydes, Overeem, JDS. The only loss was a decision against Stipe who fought the perfect fight and couldnt finish Francis. No way he is the least skilled. Of course he is a physical beast, but he has very serious skills to achieve what he achieved.
I didn't say he wasn't unskilled for a HW
Francis has the least skillset of anyone Jones has faced.

He is literally just a devestating puncher.

Which never fairs well against Jones cerebral style.

Jones doesn't have the confidence in himself to move up to HW. So I'm not sure why anybody else does.

do you ever warm up your fingers, twenty different responses dancing through your head, some serious, some snarky, and then it hits you; you have absolutely nothing valuable to say on the subject and close the page? I just had one of those moments. I just came back to type this though.
If only more people were as honorable as you.

giphy.gif

History tells us that Jones is very very risk-averse. He even pulled out of a UFC event years ago because they gave him a short-notice opponent change (was it Chael Sonner?? cannot remember) and he said he hadn't been training for that type of fighter. Dana and UFC management were furious about that.
But...it says that Jones dos not like taking risks. And nobody can say that fighting Ngannou isn't a huge risk for anyone.

Conclusion : This fight will never happen because Jon will never agree to it. The best predictor of Future behavior is Past behavior.

I agree.. This is unfortunately only a fantasy fight. He only wants easy fights like Lesnar.

I didn't say he wasn't unskilled for a HW
Francis has the least skillset of anyone Jones has faced.

He is literally just a devestating puncher.

Which never fairs well against Jones cerebral style.

He isn't even a good boxer, but he can still uppercut jones in a clinch,..

I give Jones a 0% chance since he's spent his career cutting weight to avoid HWs and ever having to face someone like Ngannou.

Jones is too busy barely beating journeymen MWs he is 6 inches taller than and has a foot of reach over to even contemplate fighting someone taller than him with almost identical reach and wayyy more power than anything he has ever felt.
Theres a difference between hope and reality.
No odds maker would agree with your emotionally charged hope

jonjones2.jpg

Lmao. This is the quality of fan mma has. Delusional.

yeah, Thiago Santos landed almost every time he blitzed forward in a straight line, but stipe who is taller than jones and 10x the boxer either of them are, wouldn’t land a single strike

durrer
  1. Santos is faster. Not a good comparison.
  2. Stipe is punchdrunk. He's got maybe 4 competitive fights left in him.
  3. Stipe is a slow motion brawler, not a boxer.
  4. Jon does his best work on guys who aren't fast.
  5. Stipe has never faced anyone who has at least 5 different torso/leg kick options to maintain distant while doing damage.
  6. If Stipe can get KO'd by 5'10" D.C. he can be killed by Jon Jones.

Back