I give Ngannou 85% chance of beating Jones

I think Ngannou beats him. I'm realistic about how good Jones is, but it's pretty likely he gets clipped early. That doesn't mean Ngannou is the better/more skilled fighter, but Jones' biggest win at 205 is against a drained hw that had to kill himself to make weight. He won't even fight DC at hw. That was the most obvious fight for him to take since he already beat him twice and he wouldn't take it.

Ngannou is a tough matchup for anybody and Jones knows that. Jones would have to be flawless for 25 minutes. Ngannou only needs to land once to change the course of the fight. He probably wouldn't ko him with one shot because Jones is tough, but he could hurt him bad enough to get a stoppage.

I think Jones knows his odds at hw aren't great. If he thought he could dominate at hw he would've moved up a while ago, imo.

Its nothing to do with how good Jones is, he's brilliant. But this is an entirely different level. Ngannou will never, ever have a chance of competing at 205. Hes a massive dude. The power and strength difference between them would just be too much for Jones to handle I think, a guy with a similar or larger frame to him just negates his options way too much (see Gustafsson).

He'd beat some guys at HW- like he'd have a good shot against Arlovski, Lewis, maybe even JDS and Overeem at this point. He might even give Miocic a good fight. But where Miocic could cope with Ngannou, Jones wouldn't. Styles make fights.

I think Ngannou beats him. I'm realistic about how good Jones is, but it's pretty likely he gets clipped early. That doesn't mean Ngannou is the better/more skilled fighter, but Jones' biggest win at 205 is against a drained hw that had to kill himself to make weight. He won't even fight DC at hw. That was the most obvious fight for him to take since he already beat him twice and he wouldn't take it.

Ngannou is a tough matchup for anybody and Jones knows that. Jones would have to be flawless for 25 minutes. Ngannou only needs to land once to change the course of the fight. He probably wouldn't ko him with one shot because Jones is tough, but he could hurt him bad enough to get a stoppage.

I think Jones knows his odds at hw aren't great. If he thought he could dominate at hw he would've moved up a while ago, imo.

agree with everything you said Morgan.

bud please tell me nganou is one of a kind
tell me im lying that almost all of HW fighters has 1 punch ko power

it doesnt really matter if hes the hardest hitter,,, what matters is that how u can win.. u think mark hunt wont K.O him with a perfect timed punch?

the fact is if stipe manhandled him outwrestle him
u think a better wrestler like john cant?

u think jon jones is a noobie in striking using his distance?

tell me
nganou is very beatable unlike jon jones
if u think otherwise then its really funny

Dos Santos beat Jon on one leg.

Jones striking and wrestling game heavily rely on his reach and size advantage. Ngannou almost has the same reach as him and is probably as tall, but much more athletic and much stronger.

Not everybody at HW has 1 punch KO power. Werdum or Oleinik for example don't.

Maybe you didn't notice but Ngannou not only has a lot of power, he also is very good at landing with that power.

Dos Santos beat Jon on one leg.

Jones striking and wrestling game heavily rely on his reach and size advantage. Ngannou almost has the same reach as him and is probably as tall, but much more athletic and much stronger.

Not everybody at HW has 1 punch KO power. Werdum or Oleinik for example don't.

Maybe you didn't notice but Ngannou not only has a lot of power, he also is very good at landing with that power.

And when he lands, oh boy.

Jones would have to be flawless for 25 minutes. Ngannou only needs to land once to change the course of the fight.
This. It's not a knock on jon (or any opponent really) to acknowledge the difficulty in facing Ngannou.

One zig where you should have zagged and you're fucked.

This. It's not a knock on jon (or any opponent really) to acknowledge the difficulty in facing Ngannou.

One zig where you should have zagged and you're fucked.
thats right, you can't make a mistake when you fight him. But it doesn't matter cause he is too fast and he will land.,

Last edited:
Ngannou wins cuz size matters.

Hell ... I would even favour Lewis vs Jones & im a huge Jones fan.

Ngannou is a super HW and Jones is a small HW.

Jones picks him apart IMO. I think Jones moves around well enough to survive the first few rounds (maybe even win a round) and smokes him in the 3rd, 4th and 5th when Nagannou is tired.

Jones wouldn't strike with him. He'd clinch right away, get underhooks from where Ngannou's strength edge diminishes. Push him against the fence and trip to the ground. Frank won't get up.

Jones wouldn't strike with him. He'd clinch right away, get underhooks from where Ngannou's strength edge diminishes. Push him against the fence and trip to the ground. Frank won't get up.
Lmao. Overeem tried the same thing and Ngannou's strength was too much. Jones would be smart to not go for a takedown while fresh, save his energy for the later rounds. Ngannou is way to strong in the clinch for Jones.

Lmao. Overeem tried the same thing and Ngannou's strength was too much. Jones would be smart to not go for a takedown while fresh, save his energy for the later rounds. Ngannou is way to strong in the clinch for Jones.
Just like DC was?

Jones can't wrestle without picos pulsing. He could not even get Santos down. There is a reason he has ducked heavy weight hard. Predator has ALL the physical advantages and doesn't punch like a feather weight. What does Jones do? Kick his knees for 5 rounds? He would get crushed most likely, terrible stylistic match up.

Jones can win ... its unlikely, though.

One thing that makes me chuckle and I read a lot here is how people assume that Jones will kill it at hw and go on another 10 year unbeaten streak just because he did it against 205 ers. It is a completely different division. You cant gauge how a guy will do in a division 25 pounds above by looking at how he did in his past lighter div. Going by that, McGregor would have dusted the whole 155 div by now. It doesn’t guarantee shit.
Imo Jones wont suck at hw, he will find moderate success by winning and losing some. No way he pulls a run like his lhw streak, though.
This precisely why guys like Jones, GSP, Andy and Mighty Mouse does not go up and challenge for double belts. They know not his a different world up there.

Back