I get where Diego is coming from.

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
Look, at the end of the day... this is how fighters make money.
he needs to make that money.

he didnt quit...
he just found a loophole in their shitty system...
diego did what he did to get his win bonus, which is double your pay most of the time.
he basically took advantage of the situation, and got paid double.
It was either he got paid double, or he goes on to lose a decision to periera.
it was the smart thing to do.

but on the other hand, he faked not being able to continue, so he loses some honor and warrior points.

I see where he's coming from too. Albuquerque.

I think he made a left turn.

Guy shouldn't be fighting at 170 anyway. Or maybe at all.

It's not even a loophole. He got kneed in the head illegally. Don't know why people are complaining about him not continuing. It was a legit knee. Not just a graze.

Good for him. There are too many fighters getting away with cheating

It's not even a loophole. He got kneed in the head illegally. Don't know why people are complaining about him not continuing. It was a legit knee

he went from a fighter to business man after the knee hit.
thats why. people came to watch a fighter fight. not a business man quit.
although i understand its the smart thing to do for your own self interest, its not the interest of everyone else. so he put himself before everyone else is what im saying basically.

Not even a loophole, he was legit hurt by an illegal strike, period.

Diego doesnt even see where he's coming from. Remember? "I can't see, is this a DQ"? Then he said he quit because the blood would sway the judges decisi... WAIT WHAT? This muthafucka thought he was gonna grind one out lol. You see where he's coming from though right? Pfft. Diego got his money and bounced. I'm alright with that. The fans are trying to paint it as more or less than what it was.

Not even a loophole, he was legit hurt by an illegal strike, period.

he asked if he could talk to his coach, meaning that their is a possibility for him to continue... but he made the decision not to continue and get his win bonus.

so he put himself before everyone else is what im saying basically.
<{outtahere}>

Lmao you're acting like you paid to watch. Diego DID fight, and it was entertaining. It lasted much longer than I thought it would've at least.

he asked if he could talk to his coach, meaning that their is a possibility for him to continue... but he made the decision not to continue and get his win bonus.
Played by the rules then?

MMA is one of the only sports where actually abiding by the rules makes the idiotic fans hate you

imagine supporting a cheater and blaming the victim of a foul for taking free throws.

If that thing hit Josh Koscheck, he would still, to the second of me posting this, be selling it like he got hit with a freight train.

Diego was at least straight up about it.

although i understand its the smart thing to do for your own self interest, its not the interest of everyone else. so he put himself before everyone else is what im saying basically.
This isn't a game. You have to know what's at stake. It wasn't a title fight or even a contender fight.

A knee like that can change the whole fight. Even if he didn't appear unfit to fight, it doesn't mean that knee didn't do any damage.

Why would he put people's interest over his own health?

Having watched the dude fight for how many ever years now.. imma give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He’s earned it. He’s not a coward.

you just sit on the couch and watch sometimes that perceptive should be calculated in fighter discussion. You have no idea what’s going on with the fighter during a situation like Diego was in. It’s the same shit when Jeremy Stephens took the NC. People shit talked him said he was lying. Ridiculous.

That being said, Diego needs to walk before he’s further damaged.

MMA is one of the only sports where actually abiding by the rules makes the idiotic fans hate you

imagine supporting a cheater and blaming the victim of a foul for taking free throws.
Yet Diego cheated by lying about being blind. Allegedly

so he put himself before everyone else is what im saying basically.
Nobody really gives a shit about Diego at the end of the day.
So Diego said pay me that money
OGC.05c4ca7b2d1b855b200cfdb5d77247d7

Look, at the end of the day... this is how fighters make money.
he needs to make that money.

he didnt quit...
he just found a loophole in their shitty system...
diego did what he did to get his win bonus, which is double your pay most of the time.
he basically took advantage of the situation, and got paid double.
It was either he got paid double, or he goes on to lose a decision to periera.
it was the smart thing to do.

but on the other hand, he faked not being able to continue, so he loses some honor and warrior points.
He asked specifically what happened if he did not continue.
he was looking for a way out.

He has a long history of being a warrior, but this was some low level shit from him.
I understand what he did, but I lost respect for him.

It's like standing in line with a $2000 TV with a 100% off coupon and not using it.

Way to go, DieGO.

although i understand its the smart thing to do for your own self interest, its not the interest of everyone else.

Would you have derived much enjoyment from watching him fight on impaired?

Most of you guys are giving him a pass 'cause he was on tuf 1 and has been around for so long but he did play the system that's a total fact

Back