I gave some pizza to a homeless guy

One time, I gave, what I assumed to be a homeless guy picking up butts in front of this gas station, a brand new pack of my cigarettes. They were regular flavor Doral. (I wasn't doing too well myself lol)

Well, he takes a look at the package as I hand it to him, and says very dry, and a little rude, "I only smoke menthols."

I kinda just laughed and walked away.

One time, I gave, what I assumed to be a homeless guy picking up butts in front of this gas station, a brand new pack of my cigarettes. They were regular flavor Doral. (I wasn't doing too well myself lol)

Well, he takes a look at the package as I hand it to him, and says very dry, and a little rude, "I only smoke menthols."

Dorals, lol!

That's badass.

need more details, was he fat or skinny?

i generally DGAF about homeless people and just do anything short of giving them the Heisman to get to my car unacosted, but if they're fat???? double f them

Same.

I'm a sucker whenever I see a street musician, though. Can't remember the last time I walked by one of them and not thrown a little something their way.

I have a philosophy that if I ever stop for a bit to watch, then I pay the person. If it's good enough to make me stop and enjoy it then the person deserves something.

That's how this

notlh1ky0.jpg

Turns into this

south-park-season-11-7-night-of-the-living-homeless-change.jpg

That's what South Park taught me anyway.

Nah, but in all seriousness, good on you TS. You're a kind soul.

I do feel a bit of sympathy for these guys. They are typically the end result of those guys who never fit well in the education system and rejected any aspiration for success. At the same time though, at some point they must have realized that they would be fucked if they didnt do something with their lives.

What if he was lactose intolerant? you inconsiderate asshole ts

I'm lactose intolerant, and even I'd be stoked to get free pizza. I'd deep throat that shit immediately. Inevitable sinus infection be damned.

I have a philosophy that if I ever stop for a bit to watch, then I pay the person. If it's good enough to make me stop and enjoy it then the person deserves something.

That's only fair I think. I'll occasionally put in a request to. In fact, I can still clearly remember the performance of a street musician in Winnipeg about 25 years ago. Asked him if he knew any Neil Young and he proceeded to sing & play what is probably the best version of 'Rockin in the Free World' I've ever heard. Maybe even better than the Young's own version. It fucking blew me away. It truly did. This guy was really, really good and I could only hope that he went on and made a pretty good living playing music.

need more details, was he fat or skinny?

i generally DGAF about homeless people and just do anything short of giving them the Heisman to get to my car unacosted, but if they're fat???? double f them

My wife was a manager at a fast food joint and one of her employees would actually ask to get off early so she could beg in the Wal Mart parking lot. Apparently, she made more begging than at work. She was also obese.

My gf packed me an extra sandwhich once, I was too full to eat it. So on my walk home I offered it to a homeless guy, he turned me down. I reiterated "it's chicken carbonara with provolone and bacon" he said No and asked for money.

A homeless guy turned down my sandwich

My gf packed me an extra sandwhich once, I was too full to eat it. So on my walk home I offered it to a homeless guy, he turned me down. I reiterated "it's chicken carbonara with provolone and bacon" he said No and asked for money.

A homeless guy turned down my sandwich

Don't tell your girlfriend that, she might take it personally.

Don't tell your girlfriend that, she might take it personally.

My (Italian) gf took it to heart. Mad at the homeless guy, mad I didn't eat it at lunch, mad I tried to give it away, mad I didn't do a good enough job of "selling" it.

Mad on mad on mad.

Never do anything to question an Italian woman's cooking.

My neighbor wanted some help one day so he thought he'd get one of the guys with a WILL WORK FOR FOOD sign. He tried 3 different guys and they all told him to fuck off.

My neighbor wanted some help one day so he thought he'd get one of the guys with a WILL WORK FOR FOOD sign. He tried 3 different guys and they all told him to fuck off.

What kind of job was it?

I try and give whenever I can (when I worked in the city, I would actually carry extra change with me for the walk to the office - there were always a couple of panhandlers on the route).

I have had two bad experiences with giving - once, a morbidly obese young woman was just sitting on the floor of the train station begging. I gave her a two dollars, but she said "Is that all your going to give, I see that you have more". I wanted to boot her in the face, but walked away instead.

The second time was a meth head who badgers people in the mall parking lot. He always has a different story for why he is asking for money, and never seems to remember that he got money from you literally the day before. What really ticked me off though was that I gave him $5 once, and he had the audacity to ask for $10. When I refused, he got really aggressive and confrontational, saying "You can't help a brother out, it's people like you that are ruining the world , your a mother fucker etc."

I strongly considered robbing him at that point - seriously, I was going to jack his shit and throw it on the roof of the building. The only thing that stopped me was that his hands were covered in sores, and I wasn't sure if he was carrying any disease. So long story short, the mild mannered Brampton_Boy was prepared to rob a homeless guy after being besmirched.

My (Italian) gf took it to heart. Mad at the homeless guy, mad I didn't eat it at lunch, mad I tried to give it away, mad I didn't do a good enough job of "selling" it.

Mad on mad on mad.

Never do anything to question an Italian woman's cooking.

I could use a bite to eat if you still have that sandwich lying around.

Go check out the panhandling situation in Houston, large majority of them have actually run the homeless off of the best intersections for begging lol. I slowly watched begging go from a last resort for the homeless to some new lame ass hustle for lazy fucks and drug addicts..I actually saw a fucker begging with damn near new Jordan's on once! That's Houston anyway, glad I left that dump..

To be fair he was not asking.
But good luck finding menthol butts.

To be fair he was not asking.
But good luck finding menthol butts.

...and perhaps he came across as being rude due to the situation of him being approached doing something that he might have been ashamed of or embarrassed about. I don't know. My guess is that he's already uncomfortable with what he's doing, nevermind having someone see him and then approach him while doing it. *shrugs*

Back