I Finally Saw Some Wrestling On RAW!

Blackjack

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I only saw one match on RAW on Christmas Eve so I can't comment on the rest of the show but I saw Ronda Rousey and Natalia Neidhart have a match where they actually looked like they were wrestling! It was such a refreshing change from all the triple flips and other high spots off the top rope and the moves that look more like ballet than wrestling. I'm including both he mens' and ladies' wrestlers in that Those two women on Monday night actually got down on the mat and applied holds, countered holds, escaped from holds, reversed holds, it was like watching 20th century wrestling again.

I can't tell you when the last time I saw some of those holds, escapes and reversals. They used a leg scissors. I don't know if I'd seen anyone do a leg scissors in the last 20 years. Natalia had something similar to an Indian Deathlock on Ronda which is a hold I've always liked. Ronda used a hold that at first looked similar to a triangle choke and then turned into something I've never seen in my life until then. It was so refreshing and interesting to see those two women mat wrestle. It was great!

It's sports entertainment, pal.

<21>

Most of Rousey's matches have been good especially at their events. She had some nice transitions in her last one with Jax at tlc.

Back