I finally am seeing Iron Maiden live this Saturday

Slick_36

Bad Man from Borger, Texas
@Gold
Reaction score
I always loved music but Iron Maiden changed the game for me back when I was in high school, I would proudly proclaim them as my favorite band of all time for many years. Today they're on my music Mount Rushmore with Black Sabbath, Parliament Funkadelic, and K-Rino. I always dreamed of seeing them live but living in the middle of nowhere made it impossible to ever realistically see them.

Well after a crazy year of being in the right places at the right times, I am in Dallas and Maiden is playing on Saturday. I lucked out and picked up a lot of extra hours recently and managed to get myself a last minute ticket in the pit. I can't believe it, I'm beside myself. I recently saw a discussion around here saying they are the greatest live performance to see and my heart sank at the thought of missing them.

Please share any stories you have, I fucking love this band and want to feel the energy before I go. They're playing my absolute favorites in Hallowed Be Thy Name, Fear of the Dark, Aces High, the Trooper, and for the first time in decades Flight of Icarus. I can't fucking wait, up the Irons!

I watched them live in 05 during Ozzfest, heavy metal fans are the craziest fans in the world!

Ive seen Maiden too many times to count. They put on one of the best shows ever. You will have a blast most likely. When Doctor Doctor comes on the PA take a deep breath before the plunge.

I have not seen Iron Maiden. I have seen Rod Stewart though. Great gig!

Have fun buddeh!

Last time I saw Iron Maiden was January 12, 1987 during Somewhere On Tour. Awesome show for a first concert.

I watched them live in 05 during Ozzfest, heavy metal fans are the craziest fans in the world!
I just went to Slayer's farewell tour a few months ago and it was the most intense show I've ever been to, nothing could prepare me for how packed that pit got. Flames shooting in the air, Slayer killing it, and I'm just being tossed around like a jellyfish in a tempest. Amazing show. Metal really is the best to see live, whether it's an intimate club show or a massive stadium.

You should check their 747 airplane - awesome:

I heard Ed Force One was damaged recently, hopefully not too bad. Even Maiden's transportation is amazing.

I have seen three times. All of them were awesome.
One of the times I was unable to get tickets. But my girlfriend was working at a bar that just happened to be their go-to bar before shows in my city.
So they Janick and Nicko shows up and orders some beers and start talking to my girlfriend.
Really nice guys and sure enough they got us some great tickets as well for free.

I saw them laat month for the first time.. great show and the sound quality was awesome.

1982 called and it’s wants it’s bands back.

U lucky son of a gun!!!
Enjoy!

Saw them in Argentina back in 2004.

Amazing band to watch live. They put great shows. Bruce Dickinson is a fucking god.

Damn and you get to see Pfunk and sabbath.

Fuck yeah I'd be super excited.

Damn and you get to see Pfunk and sabbath.

Fuck yeah I'd be super excited.
Lol nah, I was just saying Maiden are in my big 4. I don't think it's even possible to see Funkadelic these days. At least not anything close to the line up they had. That would be a hell of a show.

Lol nah, I was just saying Maiden are in my big 4. I don't think it's even possible to see Funkadelic these days. At least not anything close to the line up they had. That would be a hell of a show.
Oh.

Shit I saw them for like 10 bucks a few years back.. no bootsie but Clinton was there and it was fun as hell.

It was at this cajun fest in Austin. First time I ate a fried squirrel.

I said a few years back, thinking about it.. more like 10 years.

Mothership is one of my all time favorites

Back