I feel sorry for the guy who has to face Jones next

Why? Jones is clearly off the peds and will be tested too much to cheat from here on out.

Went easy on Santos just to make him look good so Santos can get more fans. Jon is a great human being.
He went easy because he wanted to show respect for those hard working poor brazilians.

He was on his way to pass along his belt and be Marreta's best friend for life, but then the guy's knee busted.
Jones couldn't help any further as audience would not endure another knee-limited champion like Velasquez, so he decided to win the later rounds to make us happy.

He put his fans above all. God bless Jones!

Last edited:
Doubt it. We saw the beginning of the end for Jones. He even said before the fight that it was concerning to him that he wasn't nervous for the fight. That's the hunger going away that all fighters experience. Mike Tyson talked about it how he wanted to literally kill his opponent to not wanting to hurt anyone.

I think if we see DC/Jones, you'll see Jones super motivated. Anyone else, he'll coast because they just aren't interesting enough to him.

another nameless soul to add to the skeleton king's army

You Jon stans said the same shit after the smith fight and here we are again...

After the Smith fight the narrative was entirely different. Smith had nothing for Jones and honestly wasn't supposed to be in the Octagon with him. Santos while I think all the people who scored it for him are insane was a tough opponent and it was the toughest fight Jones had possibly since the Gus fight. The official result was a split and even though it was a standard 4-1 fight IMO, people will look back on it like a split decision that could have been judged either way. So in that sense Jones will feel like he has something to prove.

Jon Jones next one or two opponents he'll probably beat. I actually think he can pull it off against Dom Reyes (who was exposed by Oezdemir and should've lost the decision) and Johnnie Walker.

I think, the one to dethrone Jon Jones will be one of the threats bubbling under the surface of everyones radar.
Magomed Ankalaev. He is a dangerous man. Broke Klidson Abreus nose in their last fight. He'll creep his way up the ranks and be the one to beat Jon Jones.

I like Jon a lot. But if he fights Jonnie Walker, my cash is on Walker.
He’s just as tall as Jon and has about the same reach. A fight I’d like to see!

You Jon stans said the same shit after the smith fight and here we are again...
I don't get it... what is he saying that is easy to argue against? we all know jones has a monstrous ground game and he chose not to use it knowing full well that he could have at any point in time. I know it's in vogue to hate jones on this website, but it's ever in vogue to deny the reality right in front of your eyes. jones clearly doesn't feel challenged. it shows when he fights.

He has had 10 years being #1 at LHW. The guys he will be fighting are younger, just as big, and have spent their entire careers dreaming about beating him and preparing for the day they face him. He is on the decline, the gap is closing, and he will lose soon. Iz normal.
Left out the problem of not being in Jon's league. Minor issue.<Kpop01>

Left out the problem of not being in Jon's league. Minor issue.<Kpop01>

Jon is no longer in Jon's league. It's called regression and it happens to every fighter.

He is now in the same league as ex mw career middling Santos.

I would not be surprised to see a younger fresher walker or reyes beat him convincingly.

Jon is no longer in Jon's league. It's called regression and it happens to every fighter.

He is now in the same league as ex mw career middling Santos.

I would not be surprised to see a younger fresher walker or reyes beat him convincingly.
Could be. All that PED nonsense, the energy that went into dealing with the politics of that... diluted or depleted his game.

Moreover, Jackson / Wink does not teach progressive martial arts. Witness Holly Holm vs. Nunes. She had nothing special but some jazzed up past skills. Cest la vie.<Oku03>

Jon Jones is only human. I thought he proved that outside the octagon already.

Back