I feel sorry for Anderson Silva

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Lawblaw, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Lawblaw

Lawblaw Black Belt

I know.. "why feel sorry for someone who's more successful than you ever will be" but from what I read, the hearing was absolutely embarrassing. I didn't believe it until I saw some videos.

I have a feeling this will overshadow every "success" he's ever had in his career. Crazy how one stupid mistake can erase almost 20 years of hardwork and insane performances

2. JKS

JKS 77+&--#rT....

Yah, they were pretty hard on him. One of em particular basically said he was lying and covering things up and questions the legitimacy of his career because he was never random tested. The commission should really keep comments like that away from the hearing.

3. NyGiant

NyGiant 1 2 CHECK 1 2

Great fighter but hes always been a fraud.

4. WalterSobchak

WalterSobchak You're a bunch of fucking amateurs.

Hahaha he got caught juicing and made up a bunch of crazy excuses to try and cover it up. If anything the magical blue sex vile will make him look like a fucking retard for eternity.

Unbelievable.

5. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

Oh well. I'm sure an extremely high percentage of guys have been on something at some point in their careers. It's comical to me really.

6. Taric

Taric Gold Belt

7. DJ Deuce Groan

DJ Deuce Groan Yellow Belt

What..
    He just needed the medication for the boners.
    He didn't know it was mixed with the steroids.
    In Thailand this happens.
    Is normal.
    Trust me.

8. hot carl

hot carl Gold Belt

based on what?

9. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

The humiliation involved in this hearing came about through a SERIES of stupid mistakes by Anderson.

1. Doing steroids, and not necessarily one steroid one time.
    2. Doing them in a manner that resulted in getting caught.
    3. Proclaiming his innocence from the rooftops.
    4. Making these statements after previously claiming that anyone who gets caught has been doing it for a long time and should never be allowed to fight again.
    3. Postponing his own hearing with the promise of a good excuse.
    4. Repeating step 3.
    5. Repeating step 4.
    6. Repeating step 5.
    7. Arriving at his hearing with his excuse being that something must have gone wrong with his Thailand Penis Pills that any reasonable person would assume had no illegal substances.
    8. Holding up a blue vial of clear liquid as "the real culprit" but apparently having no documentation that he took this, or even that this liquid contains the substances he tested positive for.

I'll just stop here.

10. scorpipede

scorpipede you do yo thang Baby Smurf

tough titties for him.

11. Post 2 Decision

Post 2 Decision Black Belt

Apparently he gave 2 separate dates when asked at different times when he stopped using the drugs

12. marvelcomic

marvelcomic Blue Belt

Like to watch the dude fight, but he did it to himself. Dont even care tho.

13. Holic

Holic Yeah! More Sponduli!

what do you want them to say after he gives two different answers to the same question right in front of their faces?

14. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

Seems like their job is to interpret his actions and render judgment upon them. Maybe their qualifications to be judges can be debated, but that is essentially their job. I don't really have a problem with the comments.

Of course, who is to blame but the NSAC themselves if it took them that long to randomly test him for the first time...

15. B0mbSquad

B0mbSquad Purple Belt

If you can't keep IT up anymore, perhaps you shouldn't be cage fighting. Some people are really enjoying Anderson's fall from grace though. A little too much. Like because they aren't happy with themselves, they relish in other people's difficulties. Reactions from some of the people on here gives real insight to how bitter they must be in everyday life.

For me, this is a tough pill to swallow because it raises a lot of questions about Anderson, as I have been a fan of him as a fighter and a human being. Now, I don't know what is legitimate and what isn't. What I do know is that he inspired many people with his skills and character while he was at his peak, and in a sport where PED use is proliferated to a degree only paralleled by professional wrestling, it appears he is just like everyone else. You always want those guys who seem like superheros to actually be superheros, but often times it isn't true even if they never get exposed... Unless you're one of those jerks that can't appreciate generationally special talents and prays for them to crumble. Same kind of people that couldn't stand Ali in his prime, or JBJ for that matter. The sad truth is a lot of them struggle with the dominance of black athletes. They will vehemently deny it, but the proof is in the pudding. And yes, I know that is a statement that will upset a lot of people, and no, I'm not saying that if you don't root for Anderson Silva you hate black people. It was a generalization that I feel applies to many in that context, however.

16. Reverse Flash

Reverse Flash Lost In Time Platinum Member

And people will still defend him over and over again. They're as pathetic if not, more pathetic than Anderson Silva.

17. SuperLuigi

SuperLuigi Black Belt

I feel ya man, if I had to take vitamins and limp dick pills only for them to go bad and mutate into different kinds of steroids, it would be terrible. Truly he is the victim here.

18. UL

UL no more yellows

He's a fake, don't get drawn too much into this thinking he's some sweet innocent guy. If you exclude the positive test part too

19. yuba84

yuba84 Purple Belt

Ah well, he knew what he was getting into.

20. Reverse Flash

Reverse Flash Lost In Time Platinum Member

You need to understand where they're coming from. What if Anderson lost to one of their favorite fighters? And what if one of them proceeded to have a better career had they not lost to a fraud. There's lots of ifs and whats now and his whole career will always be in question.