I feel old!

pinned31

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Is 22 years old to old to start trying to become a pro boxer? I feel like most of the competition has been doing amateur for over 4-5 years, can this be made up quickly?

Is 22 years old to old to start trying to become a pro boxer? I feel like most of the competition has been doing amateur for over 4-5 years, can this be made up quickly?

Hell no, go for it!

Yes, you should have started when youre 14.

i know its not boxing.. But look at some MMA fighters.. Bas rutten said he started at 28.. Everyones hero Lesnar started when? 30?... There are fighters who have trained since 12 losing to guys who started at 25..

22 is young man.. go for it

definitely not too young to start boxing. may not be world class or anything but few really are. the mma comparison doesn't really work as it's already been shown mma doesn't really require a fighter to be great at everything.

do it now!! next thing you know you'll be 30 wondering why you didn't try.

Most pro.'s box at an early age, you could turn pro but I don't think you'll become world champion. Try it and see, what else do you have to loose.

There have been world champions who have started in there 20s

Too old? Just close your eyes and repeat after me, "Randy Couture, Randy Couture, Randy Couture." "I know I can, I know I can, I know I can." :icon_lol:

:icon_chee

I agree with majority here: not too old. Go for it!

don't be a wuss, some people train 10x harder than others. who cares if someone else started 10 years ago if you train that hard.

If it's any consolation, I'm 33 and training pretty hard. I'm hoping for an amateur match sometime in the next year or so. It will be my first. I *wish* I had started younger, but am happy just the same to be doing it now. I say go for it, and you'll do great. :)

Dan

22 is actually a good age.

You're not too old, and you have more maturity than younger people, go for it now, waste no more time.

Ask yourself, why not go for it?
You probably will never fight proffesionaly but it is a great hobby. Do it.

Back