I feel like tapping to a choke is worse than tapping to strikes.

1. A fighter knows when he or she is done. There's no shame in a fighter realizing when they've been bested.
2. Internet dorks calling professional fighters "cowardly" is the height of asinine. Anyone who makes a living by locking him or herself in a cage with other trained assassins shouldn't have words like "cowardly" attached to their name.

Tapping to strikes usually shows that you’re done and is basically a TKO, maybe because I watch a lot of boxing and see fights get ended on the stool. Usually tapping bc of punches show that you’re legitimately out of the fight and while it’s true that some people would rather go out cold than tap to that it’s still doesn’t make it a weak way to end a fight.

Being put in a RNC or giving up your back in general tho? That is extremely cowardly and is worthy of ridicule. That’s the equivalent of quitting in the middle of a game or fight.

GSP doesn’t deserve shit for the Matt Serra loss even though it looked bad. But Conor does deserve all the shit he gets for giving up his neck and tapping the way he does. It’s borderline cowardly

Let me put you in a neck crank after you have talked shit about my family, we will see if you will tap or not.

giphy.gif

lmao @ the guys who say "things just go dark" while you're being choked

it really shows who has trained and who hasn't. Being choked has to be one of the worst experiences you can feel.

The only way you can think that is if your favorite fighter tapped to strikes n you’re so delusional that you’ll support him no matter what

the fact that you made this thread tells it all

you yourself know tapping to strikes is way worse, so creating this thread helps you cope with it n makes a distraction

Tapping to strikes usually shows that you’re done and is basically a TKO, maybe because I watch a lot of boxing and see fights get ended on the stool. Usually tapping bc of punches show that you’re legitimately out of the fight and while it’s true that some people would rather go out cold than tap to that it’s still doesn’t make it a weak way to end a fight.

Being put in a RNC or giving up your back in general tho? That is extremely cowardly and is worthy of ridicule. That’s the equivalent of quitting in the middle of a game or fight.

GSP doesn’t deserve shit for the Matt Serra loss even though it looked bad. But Conor does deserve all the shit he gets for giving up his neck and tapping the way he does. It’s borderline cowardly

I swear I've read this exact stupid post on here before.

Lol @ being put in a RNC being cowardly or worthy of ridicule. So if Maia takes your back and slaps on a RNC you're a coward? You've clearly never grappled at all lol.

lmao @ the guys who say "things just go dark" while you're being choked

it really shows who has trained and who hasn't. Being choked has to be one of the worst experiences you can feel.
its not my fault you're being a pussy or havent trained long. I tap in class because that ego crap isn't tolerated. In a tourney I may go out from trying to escape.

Neither are something that we as fans should judge a fighter for doing

Neither are something that we as fans should judge a fighter for doing
I totally agree. I don't care for anyone being insulted for not doing it in a competition either. Its up to you.

Anyone who thinks getting choked means "things just go dark" doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Fighters routinely train choke response, learning how far you can go before going out, watching your partner recover with that garbled breathing and even when you think you're used to it, it still can freak you out when you're the one gurgling. Calling a professional fighter a coward is moronic. Tapping when you have exhausted all means of escaping a lock, choke or gnp doesn't mean you suck. It means you lost. It means you won't suffer a career ending injury or beat down and can come back and continue to make a living.

Quitting from a leg kick is worse than both

There is nothing wrong with either.

I mean, getting into the position where you feel the need to do that is bad, but once you're there, if it's over it's over.

Why shorten your own career and add even more risk to an already risky situation?

Refusing to tap is stupid.

I disagree. Both are about self-preservation to a certain extent, but one is saying, "damn, you caught me" while the other is saying "damn, you are really beating me up to the point where I can't fight anymore."

An amazing grappler/submission artist can run across the octagon and finish someone with a choke in a minute or 2. Usually someone tapping to strikes is a slow, methodical beat down. Shogun vs Jones comes to mind and we all know the warrior Shogun is.

Backs are not necessarily given up. Sometimes they are taken. You really have no clue about this sport/martial art do you TS?

Back