"I Feel Like I Have The Potential To Be A UFC Champion" Gegard Mousasi

youngsteinel

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
02_Gegard_Mousasi.jpg

Gegard Mousasi (32-3-2 MMA, 3-1-1 SF) knows there are no guarantees that he's heading to the UFC, but if he gets there, the 27-year-old intends on fighting for a title.

"I feel like I have the potential to be a UFC champion," Mousasi told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "I'm training like it, and with time I'm going to prove people wrong. I just need to fight big names and win."

Read the rest of the article here:
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/01/strikeforces-gegard-mousasi-motivated-for-shot-at-ufc-title

How do you think Gegard will do in the UFC? I don't see him being better than top 10. I don't see him making the top 5.

Top ten if his wrestling gets better

Agreed. Mousasi is a fucking animal.

If he's for the first time really taking training seriously, working on his wrestling, etc. No one can stand and bang with Mousasi that I've seen, if he can keep the fight on the feet I can't see many people challenging his footwork, combos and hand speed.

Needs to train TDD all day, every day. He's never gonna fight Mo again. He'd be a good guy to train with.

Feeling, thinking and knowing are three different things. Regardless of whether he knows or not good luck with that.

I like Mousasi a lot. He has he even wondered how people in the US cut weight-so much. He is probably starting to learn. I'd LOVE,LOVE.....LOVE to see him back at 185. He said he would do it if given the right competition.

Mousasi vs AS. I'd pay a lot to see that fight.

i put him over bader & lil nog easy.

not sure after that. let's see him fihgt already. hope he enjoyed his time off.

He's extremely dangerous for anyone, but if he wants to be championship material he HAS to improve his cardio and TD defense.

He's extremely dangerous for anyone, but if he wants to be championship material he HAS to improve his cardio and TD defense.

Pretty much this. Otherwise he'll lose rounds even if he is "King Mo'ing" them on his back and taking no damage in return. Unified scoring system and all.

the spider finishes him before championship rds.

Maybe. I think Mousasi stylistically has the tools to give Anderson some fits. Mousasi would easily be the best striker Anderson has faced in his MMA career. It'd be an interesting match i'd like to see. I think Mousasi beats most MW's not named Anderson and could take the title after Anderson retires (Mousasi is still very young)

Back