I feel like Conor wanted to do Cowboy a favour

Hatuwkoi

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
By taking a fight with him. His camp was good but not very strict, it was him who decided training periods etc... That was a pretty good performance but Conor usually starts patient and vigilant, he just wanted to get it over against Cowboy.
He didnt really invest in this fight, he didnt do an early press conference, he was calm and pretty relaxed, and he already knew he is on a different level, way above Cowboy.
He just wanted to provide some good money to the good guy Cowboy and himself while having some fun in this tune up fight, i believe this is one of the reasons why this fight happened in 170.
Discussssssss...

He wanted to do himself a favour.

yes taking a dead horse to a fight its a favor to the dead horse

if cowboy took some rest he would have lasted much longer imo

<Huh2>When people actually start buying the good guy conor act

Because he knew the outcome of the fight would be before it started.

By taking a fight with him. His camp was good but not very strict, it was him who decided training periods etc... That was a pretty good performance but Conor usually starts patient and vigilant, he just wanted to get it over against Cowboy.
He didnt really invest in this fight, he didnt do an early press conference, he was calm and pretty relaxed, and he already knew he is on a different level, way above Cowboy.
He just wanted to provide some good money to the good guy Cowboy and himself while having some fun in this tune up fight, i believe this is one of the reasons why this fight happened in 170.
Discussssssss...
0/10 troll/shitpost best case scenario I hope you don’t actually believe the garbage you posted

Who doesn't want the combination of a) biggest name, b) easiest fight, c) most money, and even d) fight in one division as a 'contender bout' for a title in a different division?

The difference is, Conor can demand it. Most fighters cannot.

And no other fighter ever has suggested he should be allowed to fight in one division and have it apply toward a title shot in a different division. 99% of sherdog fans would have laughed at anyone else making that request. But today 1/3 of fans defend it, 1/3 of fans begrudgingly accept it since there's nothing we can do about it, and only 1/3 of fans are adamantly opposed to it (and no, not because we are "Conor h8r's", as his most extreme fans have convinced themselves).

Don't overthink it. He didn't do this for Cowboy; he did it for himself.

0526f8f401ec439c19d7134bf7b58ebb29a0c0-v5-wm.jpg

<Huh2>When people actually start buying the good guy conor act

he’s going to mature. That’s what people do. You’re not the same person as a teen to your 20s, to30s to so on.

people generally mellow with age due to being more mature.

his over the top persona was an act. Just like Floyd’s money persona. I would guess this is closer to what he actually is in life.

either way I don’t care. He’s a fun fighter to watch in and out of the ring.

he’s going to mature. That’s what people do. You’re not the same person as a teen to your 20s, to30s to so on.

people generally mellow with age due to being more mature.

his over the top persona was an act. Just like Floyd’s money persona. I would guess this is closer to what he actually is in life.

either way I don’t care. He’s a fun fighter to watch in and out of the ring.
I don’t disagree that he was playing an act, but can we agree new conor is an act as well and his actual personality is probably somewhere in the middle/a combination of both?

I don’t disagree that he was playing an act, but can we agree new conor is an act as well and his actual personality is probably somewhere in the middle/a combination of both?

That’s fair enough. I’m sure his legal troubles play apart in this as well.

Something like that..

And not having to put money in abdelaziz pockets..

Maybe but obviously not without the obvious benefit, and spectacular quick win against someone who is technically not a can.

BTW how much did cowboy made ?

Call me old fashioned, but when I do people favours I tend not to break their nose and orbital bones.

That’s fair enough. I’m sure his legal troubles play apart in this as well.
Cool man. See I don’t think he’s this monstrous dickhead, but there is something to be said about his off-camera incidents. This current hyper-good guy persona reflects someone that would never punch someone at a bar over words. Normal people might get provoked, but what’s he’s portraying isn’t normal, it’s the far, extreme example of the “good guy”, which is why it’s hard to accept. And if he is capable of pretending to be a dickhead for years to sell his product, there’s no reason he can’t pretend to be good as well.

he does choose opponents he deeply respects and he doesn't choose opponents he hates usually and part of it is that whoever he picks to fight will make a lot of money. look a little underneath the surface of what he says sometimes. he respects nates ability to fight and go after it, respects hes been with the same team since day 1 , he has the same kind of respect for guys like cowboy and frankie edgar probably respects guys like pettis too.

Back