I feel dumb using Alexa or other voice activation.

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
I tried using okay Google before too and everytime I felt like a complete doofus.

And I know it's not just me, because when I see other people do it, they look stupid af to me too.

Why do you need to vocally announce everything. Why cant you just turn the lights on yourself. Do you really need to yell into the universe for Alexa to turn on your tv, or can you just pick up the remote and do it yourself?

Its almost as douchey as people who use talk to text when they arent driving. Stop it.

I post on my phone a lot with talk to text

I'm getting so fucking lazy

"Ok google, navigate me home"

Fastest way to get home for me.

"Ok google, navigate me home"

Fastest way to get home for me.

Google gps took me to a road that wasnt in use anymore on some guys property and I had to explain to him what happened so he wouldn't kill me.

To turn on my TV requires to turn on the TV, switch inputs, turn on the receiver, and switch inputs. I have a universal remote I can fumble with, but Alexa is so much easier. I can tell it to turn on the TV when I walk in the door and getting off my shoes. I can tell it to turn on a light as I'm walking to the next room. It really is the shit.

If you're the kind of person that thinks it's a benign device only there to help you out and make life easier, you should definitely feel dumb.

Aside from that, it's not all that dumb to save some time and effort getting answers to random questions, playing music, or completing other such menial tasks.

No one needs Alexa ever. It’s a completely pointless device.

I almost can’t imagine what the world did without screaming things into the air.

I tried using okay Google before too and everytime I felt like a complete doofus.

And I know it's not just me, because when I see other people do it, they look stupid af to me too.

Why do you need to vocally announce everything. Why cant you just turn the lights on yourself. Do you really need to yell into the universe for Alexa to turn on your tv, or can you just pick up the remote and do it yourself?

Its almost as douchey as people who use talk to text when they arent driving. Stop it.

Only cucks use Alexa and other voice command devices

I refuse. I won’t talk to my phone, aside from talk to text sometimes if I have to. It just makes me feel weird. Don’t like it.

Don't have Alexa, nexa, or whatever else Google has to offer (I'll never buy one either) I have a galaxy S10 phone, but I still search the old fashioned way. Not by yelling at google.

In my opinion the best feature in these phones is the ability to find the fastest route with the least traffic. Back in the days that was always a gamble.

I’m not really into tech, so i’m staying away from these things. I can turn on the light and my tv the old fashion way.

Yeah I don't like openly announcing I need to re-up on KY.

But there is nothing more entertaining than watching someone angrily try to get Alexa to stop playing music when it starts playing 2Pac's Wonder Why They Call You Bitch at a large family gathering.

No one needs Alexa ever. It’s a completely pointless device.
I'm considered "the computer guy" in my circle of friends and acquaintances, yet I'm the only one without one of those things in my home. It boggles everyone's minds that I don't have one.

From my perspective.... why the hell would I want something that records every sound in my home? The minor convenience of not having to actually get up and walk to the light or physically type a question into a keyboard isn't worth the money or the massive breach of privacy.

For the most part, privacy is an illusion in this age. It's better to just assume that every step, every word, and every keystroke can be recorded in some fashion. But that doesn't mean that I will invite more and more sophisticated recording devices in my home. I won't even have sensitive, self-incriminating conversations within range of my cell phone.

Google gps took me to a road that wasnt in use anymore on some guys property and I had to explain to him what happened so he wouldn't kill me.

So did you died?

If yes, can I have your likes?

The only time I ever talk to my phone is if I'm driving and need directions. It works but I still feel like an asshole doing it.

Don't worry TS, these are normal feelings. Anyone that talks to their devices better have a damn good reason for it.

I like my Alexa. I don't use it for the lights and TV. I have it in my kitchen and use it mostly to play music, weather, or whatever dumb question I want to ask it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back