I feel bad for Holly Holm.

The division is still thin so I doubt Holly would get cut anytime soon. She'd really need to lose her next 3-4 fights for it to happen...

Lol

It was a competitive fight obviously. She didn't get finished or embarrassed. Schevchenko was the better fighter that night. Have you ever competed?
yes, I have competed. Also while the fight was competitive..... she was easily beaten and couldnt get any offense going. the fact that a boxing world champion was whiffing at air due to Val's complete control of the range should be evidence enough for you if you actually had a clue about striking

how can she possibly have the best kickboxing if she was completely shut down in a primarily striking battle? Valentina was a step ahead throughout the fight.... because she is better at striking.

so you think she is a more talented kickboxer than Valentina? thats dumb as fuck if you do

Not trying to say Holly is better but your argument is moot. Tell me, do you believe Bob Sapp has better kickboxing than Ernesto Hoost? I mean, he won against him two times, getting a doctor stoppage and forcing the ref to stop the fight in the rematch.

He must be leaps and bound above him, right?

Not trying to say Holly is better but your argument is moot. Tell me, do you believe Bob Sapp has better kickboxing than Ernesto Hoost? I mean, he won against him two times, forcing the ref to stop the fight and getting doctor stoppage in the rematch.

He must be leaps and bound above him, right?
thats not even slightly comparable lol

Really? I feel bad for Buffer for having to say "THE PREACHER'S DAUGHTER!!!" with a straight face.

Holly is a great name because of her Boxing history and win over Ronda, she won´t be cut so easily.

And they will problably feed her a can next fight so she can recover.

thats not even slightly comparable lol
Yes it is: you take one fight on which you base your whole speculation. At least Sapp has TWO wins against Hoost: if you ignore their respective records, Sapp "should" be better than Hoost by your standards.

Nobody can tell how a rematch would go for Holms. Maybe she was off, maybe she got careless or maybe she wasn't good enough. We need more data to come to a final conclusion.

We need a rematch. Make it happen Joe Silva / Sean Shelby!

Yes it is: you take one fight on which you base your whole speculation. At least Sapp has TWO wins against Hoost: if you ignore their respective records, Sapp "should" be better than Hoost by your standards.

Nobody can tell how a rematch would go for Holms. Maybe she was off, maybe she got careless or maybe she wasn't good enough. We need more data to come to a final conclusion.

We need a rematch. Make it happen Joe Silva / Sean Shelby!
but the fights arent comparable, and neither are the fighters. Val is undersized and controlled the action for 4 rounds and won a decision. The joke fights that k1 ran with that steroid freak are not comparable with Vals win over Holly. Val won the fight by being the more composed, faster and more clinical striker..... end of story. Sapp won by being a lab experiment and some shocking refereeing(if Im remembering the fights correctly?)

but the fights arent comparable, and neither are the fighters. Val is undersized and controlled the action for 4 rounds and won a decision. The joke fights that k1 ran with that steroid freak are not comparable with Vals win over Holly. Val won the fight by being the more composed, faster and more clinical striker..... end of story. Sapp won by being a lab experiment and some shocking refereeing(if Im remembering the fights correctly?)
I completely agree. I still need to see a rematch before claiming Holm can't stand with Shevshenko. It doesn't help that she basically came out of nowhere after losing to Nunes...

I completely agree. I still need to see a rematch before claiming Holm can't stand with Shevshenko. It doesn't help that she basically came out of nowhere after losing to Nunes...
she didnt come out of nowhere, she looked great on short notice against Kaufmann, then had a close fight with Nunes. This was her showcase fight, and she certainly showcased her skills imo

This. She needs to mix it up a bit more and go for broke. If you are down 3-1 in the final round snap out of it and try something different!
Yeah, I was hoping to see her go for broke in the 5th. Tough spot to be in, I think she'll learn from it.

Back