I feel bad for Chad

Jon Jones fought 5 former champions consecutively

Shogun
Rampage Jackson
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Vitor Belfort

He shouldn't be fighting Edgar quite frankly he should go to the back of the line

Shogun
Rampage Jackson
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Vitor Belfort

This ^

Also, Chad got $500k for losing to Conor, I don't feel one bit bad.

Shogun
Rampage Jackson
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Vitor Belfort

all of them well past their best years when he fought them and/or belonging in a lower weight class

all of them well past their best years when he fought them and/or belonging in a lower weight class

Shogun was actually champ at the time after defeating a fighter everyone had a ton of trouble with. Many of teh rest were only a year or two removed from being champ.

None of them were spring chickens, but none were broken down and decrepit either. Jones' run in 2011/2012 was very impressive. Don't do that Sherdog thing where fans shit on every cool thing that happens in MMA.

Yea I've heard the argument, its horseshit but believe what you want.

Silva Silva Lyoto Vitor Rockhold Jacare/Yoel has to be the absolute craziest back to back 6 fights for one guy ever in mma

Clowning around/ freak accident / legit win / non TRT old man / rockhold by TKO

Shogun was actually champ at the time after defeating a fighter everyone had a ton of trouble with. Many of teh rest were only a year or two removed from being champ.

None of them were spring chickens, but none were broken down and decrepit either. Jones' run in 2011/2012 was very impressive. Don't do that Sherdog thing where fans shit on every cool thing that happens in MMA.

after the jones fighter shogun is 4w 5 l, with wins other foreast and Vera included.
He was well in decline when he fought Jones.
but look at all of those fighters records after the Jones fight, they are not great. In addition Machida and Belfort belong to a lower weight class.

I'm not disputing Jones as being an all time great, however I am disputing that Jones had the toughest run with that list.

Naw I don't. Not a fan.

Edgar will dominate him and he will drop to 1-3 in his last 4 fights.

after the jones fighter shogan is 4w 5 l, with wins other foreast and Vera included.
but look at all of those fighters records after the Jones fight, they are not great. In addition Machida and Belfort belong to a lower weight class.

I'm not disputing Jones as being an all time great, however I am disputing that Jones had the toughest run with that list.

Its honestly a miracle that Shogun was EVER able to fight again after the beating by Jones.

Take that into consideration.

after the jones fighter shogan is 4w 5 l, with wins other foreast and Vera included.

I am not arguing that Shogun was the best we had ever seen him, but he was not visibly in decline coming into that fight.

I think you are neglecting the extent to which the legendary beating Jones gave some of these guys affected them, particularly Shogun. Losing championships sends plenty of athletes into a downward spiral. Look at how few NFL teams make the playoffs the years after losing the Super Bowl.

It's easy to go back and parse through fight records and spin anyone's accomplishments as if they are shit. It is an ugly way to look at life.

edit:
Its honestly a miracle that Shogun was EVER able to fight again after the beating by Jones.

Take that into consideration.

Damn straight.

They do not belong in lower weight classes, they moved to lower weight classes when they realized Bones was going to be unbeatable. They were former LightHeavy champions. Stop with the nonsense. Not only that, the Vitor that Bones submitted was TRTor and raging high kicks on people at the time. Shogun was champion at the time. Lyoto is STILL fighting for championships.

You do realize that fighters move weight classes all the time, the human body can be different sizes. He went 5-0 against those 5 guys, starting the run when he was 23 years old.

He got 2 title shots. I don't feel bad.

2 title shots against Aldo
And I know you don't feel like counting it, but the Conor fight was for Interim Champ, so that has to be considered a title shot too.

UFC knows Edgar would easily beat Holloway. THey want to be protect Mcgregor as much as possible from Edgar as he is his toughest matchup so they gave him Mendes, which is his toighest.

Connor / Aldo will probably have a rematch if Connor wins and if Aldo wins they have Holloway as a preferred back up if Frankie looses. Just be thankful we're mot getting a Frankie / Swanson rematch

Machida is undersized for LHW, it is an easy assumption to make that he changed weight class, due to his team mate Silva no longer holding the belt.
Yes he understood that he couldn't beat Jones, but he should have been competing at middle weight in the 1st place.

Belfort has had so many more fights at middle weight than LHW since his third run in the UFC, which be an indication of his preferred weight class.

As to shogun he has been fighting he a long time, the beating he got against Jones was another, not the one that suddenly lead to his decline.

Nick Diaz last four fights

Anderson silva
GSP
Carlos condit
BJ Penn

Think we have a winner

Anyone else feeling a bit sorry for Chad Mendes? The guy is about to fight Frankie Edgar after coming off of two wars with Aldo and Mcgregor.

After December this is what his schedule will look like:
Aldo
Lamas
Mcgregor
Edgar

Can you think of a fighter in UFC history with a tougher 4 fight stretch?

There's only one thing left to say: when did Chad Mendes sleep with Joe Silva's sister?

Is this a serious question?

Silva Silva Lyoto Vitor Rockhold Jacare/Yoel has to be the absolute craziest back to back 6 fights for one guy ever in mma

UFC GOAT if he somehow comes through that

I felt sorry for Roy Nelson, who's been fed endless monsters

Back