I feel bad for Bar

It is really hard for some ppl to learn another language. That's very personal. Tiago alves for instance, dude speaks like hes been living in the us for over a decade. How long has okami been training and living in the us? he just wont learn a word. We cant blame fighters for not speaking english, one thing tho, if they did i agree theyd get way more casual fans. Plus, most of these translators SUCK BALLS, they never translate what the fighters r trying say. expecpt for that bald dude on the events in brazil

I don't feel bad for Barao.

Yes, he SHOULD be the Bantamweight champion right now.. But, I'm glad he has to fight Cruz for the belt. When he beats Cruz, he just furthermore proves he is the real champion. I've grown to really like Renan Barao. McDonald is still my favorite guy at Bantamweight, but I'm really starting to like Barao.

So is he fighting Cruz or not? I think Dana gave him a deadline or something to unify the title. Otherwise, I'd assume Cruz will get stripped and Barao becomes the undisputed champ. I like Cruz but if he can't make it then Barao has done more than enough to deserve his belt.

English will always help but WHEN he walks through Cruz and finishes him early he should get some more credit.

Mark my words, Barao for p4p No 1, it will happen!!!!

Yep, I agree.
Seriously, I really believe that he will beat Cruz without too much trouble.

Imagine if Aldo moves up to 155, and Barao moves up to 145 after beating Cruz, how sick that would be?

Barao has to weight how long til Cruz is healthy ?

lll.jpg

To get more money/get more fans and public attention he needs to:

- stop dancing
- fix his face (I'm not sure if this is possible though)

these 2 things would dramatically improve his marketability.

Any other division, Cruz would have been stripped about a year ago. I think that when and if Barao and Cruz fight, Cruz is going to get demolished. A two year lay off THEN you fight Renan? No way he is winning... I think the most competitive fight for him is going to be the winner of Faber/MacDonald.

The man is already quite under-rated and under-known IMO... When finally he gets some attention with that spinning back kick knockout and defending his title (I know its interim but still.) ... BOOM Jones and Gus put up a huge polemic and exciting fight... Nobody remembers the co main-event anymore....

Heh, poor guy... Do hope he start to gets some recognition and finally start to be seen in the talks about great fighters more often. He has 21 consecutive wins... over 30 if you disconsider that NC.

Also. This is my first post here ^^. Been following MMA forums and specially this one for a while, finally decided to actually participate.

Barao is the primary reason why I bought the PPV, (not saying I didn't want to see Jones-Gustafsson), but Barao is a fighter I love to watch. Usually like to go into fights unbiased, but Barao delivers. Even when people thought he didn't against Faber.

Any other division, Cruz would have been stripped about a year ago. I think that when and if Barao and Cruz fight, Cruz is going to get demolished. A two year lay off THEN you fight Renan? No way he is winning... I think the most competitive fight for him is going to be the winner of Faber/MacDonald.

I agree wholeheartedly.

I don't think Cruz would beat Mayday either.

The man is already quite under-rated and under-known IMO... When finally he gets some attention with that spinning back kick knockout and defending his title (I know its interim but still.) ... BOOM Jones and Gus put up a huge polemic and exciting fight... Nobody remembers the co main-event anymore....

Heh, poor guy... Do hope he start to gets some recognition and finally start to be seen in the talks about great fighters more often. He has 21 consecutive wins... over 30 if you disconsider that NC.

Also. This is my first post here ^^. Been following MMA forums and specially this one for a while, finally decided to actually participate.

The beating Gus put on Jones is way better than the kick which wasnt a KO.

He'd prolly be in my top 5 favs if he spoke just a little bit of English

can't wait for him to destroy cruz so he gets the attention he deserves.

Barao is a beast but he lacks appeal. He would be 10x more popular if 1. he spoke english 2. he doesn't dance like a monkey 3. he's better looking

Sorry but these all sound like criteria for someone who wants to date him, not someone who is into fight sport.

Sorry but these all sound like criteria for someone who wants to date him, not someone who is into fight sport.

REAL fight fans know who barao is and really appreciate him.
Casual fans don't...

I already consider him the champion, tbh, and I believe he will beat Cruz when they finally fight.
Don't worry about him, he'll be fine, he won $50k yesterday just for doing this:

1.gif

BTW, welcome to Sherdog.

man that dance at the end was fucking hilarious, I burst out laughing. Barao is really cool and I cannot wait to see him put Cruz out cold.

I know right !?
I dont wanna count Dominick Cruz out or anything... But... Kinda feel like he could just be nominated the actual champion already?
Cruz been out for 2 years and Bar

Back