I feel a cold coming on....

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Amy Robinson, Nov 15, 2005.

1. Amy Robinson

Amy Robinson Amateur Fighter

I had no idea where to put this, so I decided here would probably be the most fitting. I feel a cold coming on, I've got that tickle in my throat, which is also a little sore. I can also feel the pressure building in my sinuses, and I was wondering if anybody had any adivce to stop it, or knew of any good remedies? My sister just had a baby last week, and I'm the only one who can help her out during the daytime, so I can absolutly not get sick right know. Thanks for any help you can give me.

2. supersudo

supersudo Purple Belt

Emer'Gen-C

also Zinc-Lozenges :wink:

3. Urban

Urban Savage Mystic

quick! EMERGEN-C and Oscillo!!! Get the chicken soup going (which I really do beleive has magical healing powers). Other than that, have some tea and up your fruit intake.

4. KRAZYHORSE BEER**

KRAZYHORSE BEER** Banned Banned

Echinacea would be a good choice. Its a herb and reduces the symptoms and duration of colds and flu-like illnesses. It also boostes the immune system. When I ever get a itching throat meaning Im going to get a major soar throat tomorrow, I take Echinacea which clears it up.

5. AreYouHappyNow?

AreYouHappyNow? White Belt

6. supersudo

supersudo Purple Belt

i agree except for the fruit part.. fruit has a lot of sugar.. and sugar isn't good for oncoming illnesses IMO

most of the benefits of fruit are in the skin though (apple skin).. so u can eat the skin if u want! :wink: