"I Fed You to the Canvas" (Conor Shuts Down Dustin's Rematch Bid)

Conor vs. Dustin

• Total voters
Yea bit he was long undefited, and he defended his belt. Conor won 3 years ago last time.
what does that have to do with anything? lol I stated that Aldo refused a Conor rematch...do the whole "Conor doesnt grant rematches" is just BS

Lol Conor annoys me sometimes but we have the same taste in old school Nicholas Cage movies. Gone in 60 seconds, con-air, maybe others.

So according to Connor's logic he should never get another shot at Khabib.

Conor's the biggest draw in the sport though. Why would he want to rematch Dustin who he already beat easily?

Two guys who lost to the champ fighting each other for another shot at the champ makes a LOT more sense then someone walking back into a shot without winning at least one fight.
He still got knocked out in the first round, dustbin is a crybaby and doesn't deserve a red panty night, maybe if he would get a 15 win streak or so but otherwise it wont happen.

McGregor’s influence as it pertains to the UFC is somewhat subsiding, relative to other assets, he’s simply not as valuable as he once was due to his lack of commitment to fighting. The fact that Nate Diaz/Khabib are bypassing him in terms of engagement is a testament to this.

The realisation that he could be observed as just another cog in the machine I.e being offered co-main event - makes his next fight arguably the most prominent and important of his fighting career. He knows this, he needs to get this one right.

He still got knocked out in the first round, dustbin is a crybaby and doesn't deserve a red panty night, maybe if he would get a 15 win streak or so but otherwise it wont happen.

When Dustin fought Khabib he actually fought back.

Conor just cheated.

A record setting number of times.

He worked hard to promote HIMSELF, that was his end goal which is good for him. Like I said, it was not done as some service to his opponents. And, while it's great he achieved his financial success, it bares no relevance to him as a MMA fighter. Dismissing rematches that he won yet courting them because he lost is childish and his behavior of late shows no respect to the sport. You have to earn your keep in the UFC and him trying to jump the line ahead of a fighter on a 12 fight win streak shows his mentality.
You sound like a child, and a stupid one at that. Conor achieved success in MMA because he won big fights. The self-promotion is just a gift he has. He's smarter than most fighters and the smart ones laugh with him, not at him. He didn't have to fight Diaz again either, especially at 170 where Diaz had a huge advantage. He did it as a challenge and won. He now wants a rematch with Khabib in Moscow. To discount him would be stupid. Conor haters wrote off Diaz after the second fight and that was a mistake also. Like it or not, Conor was validated somewhat when Diaz dominated a top WW in Pettis. That's why Conor made the statement after the fight, which the haters jumped all over because they're ignorant.

When Dustin fought Khabib he actually fought back.

Conor just cheated.

A record setting number of times.
Fought back by crying in the corner and tapped before Conor? Poirier was even losing the standup while Conor took rd 3. Dustin looked awful and he never should have gotten the shot for beating a featherweight.

Ppl should start flooding his twitter with pictures of a duck until he books a fight

nate took your neck in a round in a half on a like a week's notice. you still wanted an immediate rematch.

you got dropped by Khabib and gave your neck to him, want an immediate rematch, still haven't fought.

Whenever Max or Porier mention a McGregor rematch he's all "NAH I WON WHEN YOU WERENT THE CALIBER YOU ARE NOW, MISS ME WITH THAT".

I used to be a really big mcgregor fan but the guy has just turned into an absolute pussy since the Floyd fight.

McGregorufc178.gif

Fought back by crying in the corner and tapped before Conor? Poirier was even losing the standup while Conor took rd 3. Dustin looked awful and he never should have gotten the shot for beating a featherweight.

Dustin's guillotine was better than anything Conor did.

Unless you respect cheating, which I imagine you do.

Poirer was losing the stand up, did you even watch the fight. lol

Pretty sad day when you won’t fight a much improved guy you “fed to the canvas.”

Conor's the biggest draw in the sport though. Why would he want to rematch Dustin who he already beat easily?
He needs a win badly. Why not fight him? His star power is already dwindling. He will still put up bigger numbers than anyone but not what they were. Who is he going to fight?

Conor's win over Dustin was 5 years ago. Kind of grasping at straws and the irony of him saying this while he is begging for the Khabib fight.

Back