I enjoyed the Lombard/Burkman fight.

This was a fight no one asked or was curious about and we all know this was just to keep Lombard busy.

Ranked guys keep ducking Lombard. Woodley and Brown specifically. Props to Burkmann for stepping up.

Lombard did his job and looked effective. Burkman has always had a chin and it worked to his benefit last night. I didn't think it was particularly fun to watch though other than a few surges from Lombard and some haymaker counters from Burkman.

Burkman is a solid fighter in his own right too but "60 Percent Burkman" reminded me of the man, the myth, the legend Brian Ebersole in there with his goofy reactions and odd behavior. I love me some Ebersole but it would have been nice to see Burkman do a bit more.

I didn't think it was that bad. The Marquardt vs. tavarez and the Cowboy fights were more frustrating to watch in my opinion.

Lombard was tagging him, i thought Burkman was going to go lights out bc he stayed in the pocket with his hands down, and at one point they stared at each other for 10 seconds waiting for the other to initiate and to counter. it was tense IMO

but the disapponiting factor was that Lombard never really rushed him, he always plotted forward slowly. i get that he wanted to show he's pacing himself or fighting smart, but others couldve finished imo

Back