I enjoy strength training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Bout fucking time you quit dicking around with 295.
Truth.
I learned something yesterday. Decline sit ups with a 45lb plate behind your head are really fucking hard.
Easy ab work isn't worth doing.
Pretty sure I would have gassed half-way through.

:)

Well done sir.
Thanks.
Does the close of that feel sorta like a gripper or is it completely different? I've never tried one but it's something I've looked at for sometime.

How many springs are you using on it? 2 or 3?

Oh and great job on the 300, I was waiting for awhile to see you to start doing singles with that
It feels pretty similar. It's funny you should ask about how many springs. I've had two in it for a very long time. When I bought it, I purchased a spring tool to put on and take off the springs. I also "upgraded" to the stainless steel springs (they were supposed to be tougher and "more durable) and got three of them. The third has been all by itself for a very long time. I wasn't able to find the spring tool when I was looking for it yesterday and had to jury rig my own spring tool out of a sheetrock T-square and a piece of steel from an old computer. Now I have discovered that the unused third spring is much tighter than the other two springs, so the calculations for the calculator are going to be slightly off.

It feels pretty similar. It's funny you should ask about how many springs. I've had two in it for a very long time. When I bought it, I purchased a spring tool to put on and take off the springs. I also "upgraded" to the stainless steel springs (they were supposed to be tougher and "more durable) and got three of them. The third has been all by itself for a very long time. I wasn't able to find the spring tool when I was looking for it yesterday and had to jury rig my own spring tool out of a sheetrock T-square and a piece of steel from an old computer. Now I have discovered that the unused third spring is much tighter than the other two springs, so the calculations for the calculator are going to be slightly off.

Damn that sounds like a hassle, however you made a good point about the grippers and there accuracy. Other than stronger crush grip, have you any other goals (gripper wise) that you are trying to pursue. So how off are the calculations going to be, by chance?

Thanks for the write, I guess it might be time to get me one of these

Damn that sounds like a hassle, however you made a good point about the grippers and there accuracy. Other than stronger crush grip, have you any other goals (gripper wise) that you are trying to pursue. So how off are the calculations going to be, by chance?

Thanks for the write, I guess it might be time to get me one of these

Getting a gripper with multiple settings makes a lot more sense to me than buying a bunch of torsion spring grippers to get "steps" between your goal grippers. I used to recommend the Hammar Sports Vice Gripper, but have recently heard complaints about their customer service. You can also buy a similar gripper from IronWoody or the original Ivanko Super Gripper. The only difference is that those models don't have knurling.

As far as goals, I have closed the #2.5 with both hands, so I'd like to close the #3. I'm not very focused on grip strength, but I think it'd be cool to be able to complete the GNC Grip Gauntlet (#3, blob, 212lb Rolling Thunder). Right now, the gripper is easiest to fit in because I can do it while watching TV. The pinch and support grip stuff take a little more effort and planning to work in.

Deadlift

335x5
425x3
515x1
565x1
615x1x10

Bench Press
135x7
185x5
225x3
245x1
275x1
300x1x5

Decline Sit-up
BW+45x11x2,7

Back Extension
BW+45x11x3

Notes
Solid. On to 625.

Here lies. A great log.

Giant%20Fir%20Log.jpg

LOL!

My prediction: He'll be back under some different SN shortly while the mods turn a blind eye to it and everything will be back to normal. Then it will be back to business as usual of chasing 600 squat, 700 DL, 400 bench, and posting funny pictures.

chaos asked me to post this for him:

RIP Chase. Does anyone have a link to what happened and why he got banned?

What a commie.

Any one want to hit me with cliff notes of some sort?

It has to do with him and WildChild, that new female poster on the S+P. They had some words in the pub, and then I guess Chase posted some pics from her photobucket or something, and Urban didn't like that. I thought it was pretty funny from what I saw, but meh. And I agree that it's annoying when girls come in and post on S+P and 90% of the members become best friends with her in a day... *cough* the-athlete

Also, damn, 10 singles at 615 is damn impressive

lol!

My prediction: He'll be back under some different sn shortly while the mods turn a blind eye to it and everything will be back to normal. Then it will be back to business as usual of chasing 600 squat, 700 dl, 400 bench, and posting funny pictures.

+1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back