I doubt very much Jones can hold Francis down anymore!

Getting caught means you're banned from GOAT discussion forevermore more though.
I agree. But at this point you're really gotta be reckless to get popped, you can literally grow a titty as a 30yr old stud athlete and play dumb.

I'm sure he has in training.

Are you also sure he handles it well? Since his training sessions aren't public, I have no idea. I just know he couldn't hold his own against Frank Mir when they tussled.

How many shots has Francis taken at HW? Stipe was on the lighter side at 246lbs...

So you expect Jones to compete on the heavier side?

Are you also sure he handles it well? Since his training sessions aren't public, I have no idea. I just know he couldn't hold his own against Frank Mir when they tussled.

So you expect Jones to compete on the heavier side?
No i'm not, nothing is sure about how he'll fair at HW... But based on how well i've seen him take shots at LHW and his apparent willingness to move up, i'd take a calculated guess that he's not gonna become some chinny dude out of nowhere..

End of the day anyone can get KO'd at HW, it's a risk i'm sure he knows about more than 99% of Sherdog... Evidence suggests Jon has close to Tony Ferguson levels of pain thresh hold.

The fact that he's putting so much time and focus into preparing his body for the move up is a hell of a lot more preparation for a move up in weight than most i've ever seen.

I expect Jones to be around 240-250 on FightNight with not much to back why.

He can pick Francis apart wear him and out wrestle him.

it’s going to be really difficult to catch jones with bombs that’s been winning him fights.

but man. I want to see this fight. I think Bones severely outclasses stipe and not nearly as much intrigue to me as bones vs nganou.

honest question: when was the last time jones held someone down? maybe gustafsson when he was pico pulsing and they had to move the fight to a different state at the last minute? jones couldn't even get dominick reyes down

The truth is Jones allowed Reyes and Santos to keep the fight standing. Jones was simply being arrogant in those fights, felt he could just fight them at their own game and win.

He never had a relentless TD heavy gameplan since the 2nd Gus fight. Idiots on this site seriously believe he couldn't take down the former MW Santos who is known to have weak TDD.

This is the big question. Will Jones improved power make up for what will most definitely be lost speed and cardio. And will his chin be able to take the punches from guys who are 50lbs bigger than who he's fought so far.

he has the best frame you could hope for for. Hw.

He’s so long. Being at 205 wasn’t doing him any favors for his performance. I think you’re ignoring the massive skill level between bones and hw. And guys who hit harder without the skill set will beat jones.

dc dominated at hw. Even in his 40s and I thought he beat stipe the last fight.
Jones has so many more tools and experience.
And has been through it all.

I didn't think Stipe could, but he did. I think Jones could do more than Stipe with wrestling, especially with Jones bulking up for HW. I would be more curious if Jones could take down Stipe, who has a better wrestling pedigree than Ngannou. Ngannou would be the ultimate test of Jones' chin though.

That version of Jones is susceptible to gassing out hard. Considering how lethargic he felt during the OSP fight, it doesn't bode well for his HW debut.
He was lethargic and still won 50-45 and broke OSP's arm

I don’t think so either...

Jones would just beat him standing...

No i'm not, nothing is sure about how he'll fair at HW... But based on how well i've seen him take shots at LHW and his apparent willingness to move up, i'd take a calculated guess that he's not gonna become some chinny dude out of nowhere..

End of the day anyone can get KO'd at HW, it's a risk i'm sure he knows about more than 99% of Sherdog... Evidence suggests Jon has close to Tony Ferguson levels of pain thresh hold.

The fact that he's putting so much time and focus into preparing his body for the move up is a hell of a lot more preparation for a move up in weight than most i've ever seen.

I expect Jones to be around 240-250 on FightNight with not much to back why.

I agree that Jones probably knows what he's doing, at least to the extent possible.

If he fights at the weight you expect him to, I have no reason to believe his shots will take a greater toll on Ngannou than Miocic's did.

I agree that Jones probably knows what he's doing, at least to the extent possible.

If he fights at the weight you expect him to, I have no reason to believe his shots will take a greater toll on Ngannou than Miocic's did.
Yeah, i'm not expecting him to be willing to engage in some bomb war like Overeem tried. I guess we'll learn more about new Francis before then though with the Stipe fight, that should tell us a lot.

My guess is Jon will use a patient outside fighter strategy, go for lots of teeps and leg/calf kicks with a strategy of setting up in the later rounds a big head kick like the one that did DC in, if the distance is closed I think he goes for clinch/elbows and jabs with more attempts to takedown in after round 1.

If Francis goes for a slower more methodical game plan, I think he gets picked apart and falls into Jon's game plan, he threw 62 strikes against Stipe in round 1 and landed 15, then for the remaining 4 rounds threw less strikes than he did in 1 put together.. He'll be worried about doing that again..
Or Francis goes nuts early and tries to make it like most of his other fights, over in seconds, I think Jon has a better chin than all of the last 4 opponents Francis has starched though, and has Fight IQ on his side .

Back