I doubt very much Jones can hold Francis down anymore!

People talk about Jones like he's the same guy today that he was in 2014 when he was juiced up on steroids. I agree that version of Jones could have came to HW and shook things up but anyone who has seen his recent fights can see that he's been unimpressive af under USADA testing and has been struggling with guys who are way less dangerous and less powerful than Ngannou.

Jones is going to get his ass beat at HW.

Last edited:
Bulking up can cause stamina issues. Not saying it will, but considering it affected him in the OSP fight it's possible that his body doesn't respond well to it in terms of stamina.
Definitely, but I don't think he's actually bulked up that much. He's been a genuinely big LHW for a few years now.

It's slower in general, but he will be slower as well depending on how heavy he ends up. Cardio at 205 has never been an issue, but adding 20+ lbs of muscle will diminish that. And I agree on his chin. He's been hit with some vicious shots, especially in his last few fights but those are guys at LHW. It's a different level at HW. Guys like Ngannou and the other heavy hitters weighing in at 265 are going to test that when he gets hit. I'm pumped to see how he does, although I will admit I'll be rooting against him just because I don't like him as a person, lol. But I respect him as one of the greats.

Fair points, I can only assume he's very aware of all of these potential and fairly obvious holes that may become issues for him..
I want him to fight Izzy and break him, or if he can't I want one of Francis or Stipe to, but the Izzy vs Jones fight somewhere down the line I think has potential to be the biggest fight in UFC history.

Or hit by a heavyweight.
I'm sure he has in training.

How many shots has Francis taken at HW? Stipe was on the lighter side at 246lbs... Jones has been getting punched in the face since Francis was shoving sand.

Last edited:
Jones is about to win the HW belt, defend once then retire GOAT.

He will make it look easy and shock a lot of people.

I'm sure he has in training.

How many shots has Francis taken at HW? Stipe was on the lighter side at 246lbs... Jones has been getting punched in the face since Francis was shoving sand.
Come on, are you serious?

Come on, are you serious?
Serious about what? Genuinely Francis hasn't taken many clean shots at Heavyweight has he? His chin is still fairly untested himself.

Most of 246lbs Stipe's shots came from the clinch or in the mount or in more tired later rounds with less gas in them, either way there's a reason he didn't finish him with 70 landed strikes and it's not solely down to Francis's chin.

Serious about what? Genuinely Francis hasn't taken many clean shots at Heavyweight has he? His chin is still fairly untested himself.

Most of 246lbs Stipe's shots came from the clinch or in the mount or in more tired later rounds with less gas in them, either way there's a reason he didn't finish him with 70 landed strikes and it's not solely down to Francis's chin.
246 pounds and fast with excellent coordination. He landed on Ngannou clean in the first round numerous times. Jones has zero heavyweight experience. Sparring means nothing compared to fight night. Who truly knows how Jones will do, but clearly Ngannou is battle tested at heavyweight and Jones isn't. That's not up to debate until he gets a fight under his belt

246 pounds and fast with excellent coordination. He landed on Ngannou clean in the first round numerous times. Jones has zero heavyweight experience. Sparring means nothing compared to fight night. Who truly knows how Jones will do, but clearly Ngannou is battle tested at heavyweight and Jones isn't. That's not up to debate until he gets a fight under his belt
I wouldn't say Francis acquired the good chin trait from that or any other fight though that's all... Battle tested under very limited circumstances, there's still a lot of mystery about how he is after the first minute in a fight.

Jones will need putting out, he doesn't crumble.

Bulking up can cause stamina issues. Not saying it will, but considering it affected him in the OSP fight it's possible that his body doesn't respond well to it in terms of stamina.
He will not fight at 250lb he'll probably be around 235-238lb. Which is probably not much more then 10lbs over what he weights in on fight night after he rehydrates.

Another way this could all play out, guys giving Jon Jones too much respect and not going for the knock out.

It depends on Francis's hairline

Don't underestimate Jon Jones' black magic fuckery.
I don't mind haters with brains and correct punctuation, that want a fighter to lose but are not dumb enough to discredit the likelihood of alpha beast fucks doing alpha beast shit, to the dismay of average Joes with simple thoughts and below average hair.

As a Machida fan that appreciates great karate and great hair, I am still (slightly) bitter about Jon dropping the dragon on his face but not so much so that I think Jon isn't at worst capable of beating up anybody on earth and at best the fucking goat.

Side note: "dropping the dragon on his face" sounds dirty and I apologize for that in advance.

Cheers!

I don't mind haters with brains and correct punctuation, that want a fighter to lose but are not dumb enough to discredit the likelihood of alpha beast fucks doing alpha beast shit, to the dismay of average Joes with simple thoughts and below average hair.

As a Machida fan that appreciates great karate and great hair, I am still (slightly) bitter about Jon dropping the dragon on his face but not so much so that I think Jon isn't at worst capable of beating up anybody on earth and at best the fucking goat.

Side note: "dropping the dragon on his face" sounds dirty and I apologize for that in advance.

Cheers!
Indeed, I think Jon Jones' lack of punching power pushed him to have waaaaay more skill then anybody at HW, and he for sure has a great chin. I just really hope he ends up fighting at HW I've been waiting at least half a decade to see it.

Its more common then you think. Passing USADA doesn't mean you're clean. It means you're working with an OK chemist.
Getting caught means you're banned from GOAT discussion forevermore more though.

Ngannou 2.0 routinely taps out ADCC gold medallists in the gym

Back