I DON'T want to see Holloway move up to lw

hahahaha the scrubs making excuses on why holloway shouldn't move up to 155. if he wants to, or the boss asks him to, he has to.

you fools are so worried, cause you KNOW, he is going to get SMASHED there. you know it. yes, but play it off like you want to see him at 145 cause its still a challenge down there. protect your boy.

FW is hot right now. So many prospects. Whats with the love with going up in weight? You go up in weight when you set records in the current one. You dont jump the gun, go up, lose, and legacy is tarnished. You go up once you establish a legacy.

The reason everyone was dying to see Anderson and GSP go up for REAL superfights was because they set legendary records in their natural weight class. MMA fans are too short sighted. They want everything now. You need to let things come to a boil.

Holloway vs Frankie, Moicano, Zabit, Yair.....THEN move up if he gets passed all of them. Now THAT is a legendary run which will make a super fight an actual real superfight.

Last edited:
Dana is pushing the 155 move. Max seems to want to carve out a lengthy title reign instead. I just hope it doesn’t create any rift in their relationship. Holloway is an interesting talent to consider at 155 and it could likely mean a lot more money for him. I rather hope he does move up while featherweight works on producing another compelling top contender.

Why is Dana so hard for Max going to LW?

If he can run through Frankie/Mendez it’ll eliminate any doubt I have.

Then he can do whatever he wants

His health could be at risk if he keeps cutting all that weight. He couldnt even form a coherent sentence in his previous cut. Max is huge for 145. And the fights at LW are more intriguing anyway. Max will probably perform better with an easier cut too.

Last edited:
If he can stay at 145 and be healthy i have no problem at all.

My issue is the dude fucking up his life just to make weight when i am sure he would do well at 155.

hahahaha the scrubs making excuses on why holloway shouldn't move up to 155. if he wants to, or the boss asks him to, he has to.

you fools are so worried, cause you KNOW, he is going to get SMASHED there. you know it. yes, but play it off like you want to see him at 145 cause its still a challenge down there. protect your boy.
Maybe. And maybe Khabib would get starched by Woodly. Weight classes exist for a reason. Doesnt matter how good you are, there is always someone who is just as good but bigger.

He is getting older and already made that cut a bunch of times I think the future is at 155 but there no belt.. so the money vs his health must battle it out.

I do think he should cement his FW run with a couple more defenses, then move up when he's cleaned out the division.

He has some INSANE fights at LW afterwards - Khabib, Cucuy, Conor, Gaethje.

He has been saying that he could beat Habibi and Connor and calls them Cupcakes. He should talk less shit and man up and fight at 155. #TalkIsCheapMaxiPads

I prefer to see him cut less weight since he walks around 180 plus. Also lw has bigger and more intriguing fights.

If Max makes the weight at 145 just fine and walks around at 180lbs What are the LW's walking around at <Eek2.0>

Some of those guys are massive i.e Tony

FW is hot right now. So many prospects. Whats with the love with going up in weight? You go up in weight when you set records in the current one. You dont jump the gun, go up, lose, and legacy is tarnished. You go up once you establish a legacy.

The reason everyone was dying to see Anderson and GSP go up for REAL superfights was because they set legendary records in their natural weight class. MMA fans are too short sighted. They want everything now. You need to let things come to a boil.

Holloway vs Frankie, Moicano, Zabit, Yair.....THEN move up if he gets passed all of them. Now THAT is a legendary run which will make a super fight an actual real superfight.
ShyMeagerEastsiberianlaika-small.gif

There's still plenty of interesting match-up's for him at fw:

Chad Mendes
Frankie Edgar
Renato Moicano

Not to mention good prospects ready to become title challengers:

Mirsad Bektic
Zabit Magomedsharipov
Yair Rodriguez

People are acting like he's cleaned out the division. He made weight just fine and gave an amazing performance. Why move up? I'm tired of these "super fights." I want a champion who actually goes on a lengthy title reign ala Mighty Mouse or Anderson Silva. Am I alone in feeling this way?
It was really weird in the pre fight was Joe was talking about his experience and mentioned him " having defended his title so many times" as one of the reasons he would be so comfortable and relaxed in this fight.

I was so confused by that comment since I was pretty confident he had only defended the title once but who am I to argue with someone as knowledgable as Joe, lol.

Kind of like him claiming "This is already the toughest defence of his career" as Ortega had a few moments while not winning a single round and of the 6 rounds Max has competed with Aldo he has lost 4 of them. Rogan just keeps getting worse and worse, lol.

It was really weird in the pre fight was Joe was talking about his experience and mentioned him " having defended his title so many times" as one of the reasons he would be so comfortable and relaxed in this fight.

I was so confused by that comment since I was pretty confident he had only defended the title once but who am I to argue with someone as knowledgable as Joe, lol.

Kind of like him claiming "This is already the toughest defence of his career" as Ortega had a few moments while not winning a single round and of the 6 rounds Max has competed with Aldo he has lost 4 of them. Rogan just keeps getting worse and worse, lol.
Rogan says a bunch of dumb stuff these days. For instance, he claimed, "There's never been a better fw champion (than Max Holloway). I was like, "Dayum homie! I get that he beat Aldo twice, but he's only had 2 title defences. Let's see if he can hold onto the title as long as Aldo did." Rogan completely shat on Aldo's title reign.

Rogan says a bunch of dumb stuff these days. For instance, he claimed, "There's never been a better fw champion (than Max Holloway). I was like, "Dayum homie! I get that he beat Aldo twice, but he's only had 2 title defences. Let's see if he can hold onto the title as long as Aldo did." Rogan completely shat on Aldo's title reign.
Yeah I know dude, that also annoyed me, especially since Jose won 4 of there 6 rounds together.

not a ton left for him at featherweight unless volkanovski thrashes mendes. 155 has a ton of great fights for max albeit less winnable ones

At the end of this month, Mendes is fighting Volkanovski. Moicano is hanging around with no fight. Edgar's gonna be ready early next year. What are you talking about?
I agree with your overall message and sentiment that you're providing in the thread and edgar is my favourite fighter ever but i dont think he has much for max. I do think max will find more challenging match ups at lw.

I agree with your overall message and sentiment that you're providing in the thread and edgar is my favourite fighter ever but i dont think he has much for max. I do think max will find more challenging match ups at lw.
He may not have much for Max at this point, but he's still a top fighter and a worthwhile scalp to collect.

I'd like a single superfight with khabib but totally agree let him stay where he's champ

Back