"I don't want to get bulky"

FlowWithTheGo23

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Someone I work with threw this line at me...typical woman that has no idea what she's talking about when it comes to this stuff. Tried finding some good articles but most sucked. Anyone have any good literature on this? This seems like something that's almost worth a sticky.

Someone I work with threw this line at me...typical woman that has no idea what she's talking about when it comes to this stuff. Tried finding some good articles but most sucked. Anyone have any good literature on this? This seems like something that's almost worth a sticky.

Well it depends on what the person wants to do. You said you did research but research on what? There are MANY forms of fitness. What would the person want to use or/and what methods they would like to follow and not get bulky?

Well it depends on what the person wants to do. You said you did research but research on what? There are MANY forms of fitness. What would the person want to use or/and what methods they would like to follow and not get bulky?

Was referring to the misnomer of "lifting weights makes women bulky". Guess I should have specified.

I love when people say that. "I don't want to get too big ya know?". Like it happens overnight or something. I usually tell those people to try and get big and I'll buy them a nice meal. People think it's super easy to be big or strong.

Ask her why her neck isn't big and bulky already

I love when people say that. "I don't want to get too big ya know?". Like it happens overnight or something. I usually tell those people to try and get big and I'll buy them a nice meal. People think it's super easy to be big or strong.

The above is the route to go. If it was so easy to get big, strong, and muscular, you'd see a lot more people look that way.

"I don't want to accidentally become a doctor so I'm not going to go to college."

"I don't want to be as fast as Usain Bolt so I'm not going to do any sprints."

etc

Reply with:

"I had to quit fucking because my dick was getting too big."

See what she says then.

But she wants to get "toned" right?

Just say "If it was that easy to get massive, then every fucker would be massive.
You're not going to get massive, because you have a defeated attitude. In fact, you're not even going to achieve whatever bullshit goals you have because you've already put up some imaginary barrier and false expectation of how weight training works... just give up, go drink your diet coke to justify that cake you're about to stuff down your pie hole."

Or just say the first bit..

My friend who is about 150 lbs said the same thing after he said he started lifting. I asked him if he was doing any compound lifts and he said, "No, I don't want to get big, I just want to tone up". I about gave him an open hand slap right there because he didn't deserve a punch.

"I don't want to accidentally become a doctor so I'm not going to go to college."

"I don't want to be as fast as Usain Bolt so I'm not going to do any sprints."

etc

Sums it up.

Tell that bitch to put he fork down and she won't get "bulky".

Guy at the gym "I wouldn't want to be as big or as strong as you."

Had to lol. Basically mean "I could never put that much effort into lifting to ever get there, so it's easier to act like I don't want to."

What dude that steps foot inside a gym doesn't want to be big and strong as fuck?

Guy at the gym "I wouldn't want to be as big or as strong as you."

Had to lol. Basically mean "I could never put that much effort into lifting to ever get there, so it's easier to act like I don't want to."

What dude that steps foot inside a gym doesn't want to be big and strong as fuck?

Takes a little bit of humility to say, "You're stronger than I'll ever be! Good job! Keep it up!"

Back