I don't understand why they would waste such a small window of their physical prime on the sidelines. Their bodies are only in their prime for about 8% of their life. They have the other 92% to relax and party. Why waste it while you're still young and strong? You have another 40+ years after you retire to chill. Why not try to fight 10 times a year? It's sad to see these fighters take so many years off and then try to make a come back in their late 40's realizing that they can't turn back time.