I don't understand how some sherbros find Wonderboy boring

Hazuki Ryo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
He's the definition of an elite striker, with some of the cleanest technics in MMA.
His side kicks made me want to study kenpo karaté, or what the hell he's been studying, but can't find it..

I think he developped his own style, a mix of kick boxing, taekwondo and of course karaté, and inspired me the most in recent years.

He completely outclassed Masvidal, which isn't a small feat on the feet. Nobody does that to Mas. He sent Luque back to training and gave Geoff Neal a run for his money. All these elite strikers got their asses handed to them.

Of course, he's not always exciting. Some of his fights are maybe too tactical, and he doesn't do well against wrestlers. Even if he gave hell to Woodley, i can't deny he lacks grappling credentials.

But who cares, even if he's not going for the title anymore, give him some great matchups and let me witness high level striking !!!!

StephenThompsonUFC217BispingvStPierreqRqNi-bvMAvx.jpg

Last edited:
I find him exciting but i understand if people find him boring.

Last time he finished a fight was in February 2016, almost 7 years ago. He point fights too much, and does not bring enough aggression even though he has great technique, and is a very classy guy.

He's the definition of an elite striker, with some of the cleanest technics in MMA.
His side kicks made me want to study kenpo karaté, or what the hell he's been studying, but can't find it..

I think he developped his own style, a mix of kick boxing, taekwondo and of course karaté, and inspired me the most in recent years.

He completely outclassed Masvidal, which isn't a small feat on the feet. Nobody does that to Mas. He sent Luque back to training and gave Geoff Neal a run for his money. All these elite strikers got their asses handed to them.

Of course, he's not always exciting. Some of his fights are maybe too tactical, and he doesn't do well against wrestlers. Even if he gave hell to Woodley, i can't deny he lacks grappling credentials.

But who cares, even if he's not going for the title anymore, give him some great matchups and let me witness high level striking !!!!

StephenThompsonUFC217BispingvStPierreqRqNi-bvMAvx.jpg
I like watching him, don't think he is boring.

Love me some Wonderbro, Shersheep only know two words "chin" and "power".

Wboy vs Luque, Neal Masvidal & Pettis were entertaining fights

Wboy vs Woodley, Belal, Burns, & Till were boring fights... mostly because of the way his opponents fought. Till had also very boring fights vs Gas or Whittaker.

Many years ago, he had 3 performances of the nights, finishing fights.

Chin power? Chin power??

asian-asian-man.gif

Sure he's had some slow fights, but it's always an interesting watch. I'll always root for Wonderboy.

He’s one of them guys that needs a good matchup and he knows it. There’s a reason why he’s cherry picking his fights right now. Certain fights will be snoozefests and he is trying to entertain.

Simple. He's boring as fuck to watch unless his opponents get sick of having a staring match up and try and blitz him and get caught by a counter.

All movement based counterstrikers are usually boring as fuck to watch.

Back